Chapter 32 ~End~

Everyone sat there for a few moments before scrambling to get up. Lachlan and Rob embraced each other in tight hug, Mitch soon joining. Simon pulled Josh into a hug and although Josh felt strange hugging him, he didn't refuse it.

"Lachlan... Thank goodness you're okay." Rob sniffed. He pulled himself away from his son showing his watery eyes. The two continued muttering "I missed you's" and "I love you so much" to each other.

"Josh how did you escape?" Simon asked.

"It's a long story. Maybe I can tell you another day." Josh shrugged, smirking. The kings had their sons back and that was all that mattered to them. They called off their troops and sent them all home. Only Vik, Preston, Jerome, and Tobi remained outside.

All seven walked outside and met with the others. As soon as Lachlan and Vik were in each other's sight, they ran towards each other, screaming their names.

"Lachlan!"

"Vik!" Lachlan leaped into Vik's arms and he spun him around. They shared a deep, passionate kiss before hugging. They stood there wrapped in each other's arms rocking back and forth. "I never thought I'd see you again." Lachlan cried.

"I would never abandon you like that. I was going crazy without." Vik nuzzled into Lachlan's neck. Rob stood in the distance watching happily as his son and lover were finally reunited. Simon turned to Josh, leaving the other family to themselves for now.

"Josh I'm so glad you're back home." Simon smiled. Josh was happy to be free. This place didn't feel like home to him knowing his "father" isn't really his father.

"I guess, father." Josh made known his main issue.

"Wh-What do you mean?"

"I know you're not actually my father. You lied to me. All my life. Turns out you just felt pity for a lost baby." Josh crossed his arms and turned away. Simon's heart plummeted hearing Josh had somehow found out.

"Where did you hear that?" Simon asked.

"From Harry. The 'uncle' I never knew about. Why did you keep that hidden from me as well?" Josh wailed.

"I just wanted to make you feel like you belonged and give you a good life. Was I not a good father?" Simon reached out towards Josh but he backed away.

"You were up until I found out you're a liar!" Josh sneered.

"I was trying to do what is best-"

"You're always trying to do what's best. What's best for yourself. You lied to me to make it seem like you are the best father ever, and that you're such a caring person. You were going to marry Lachlan! Just so you could have his kingdom in the distance future. How was marrying him suppose to set me free?!" Josh cried out. At this point everyone was staring and listening.

"Josh, you are looking at this the wrong way. I tried to help you by giving you the best life possible. Do you know how many people would die to be the prince? I was doing all that I could to get you back. When Rob threatened to kill you, I chose the deal so you would survive. Sure I tried to play around it, but the point is I am your father. Blood related or not. I think of you as my son." Simon finished his speech practically in tears. Josh is smart enough to see that those were not fake ones either. He looked over at Preston in the distance who made him remember their fight; and how family managed to come out on top.

"Simon... It's just such a shock to me to think that would do something like that, lie, to me. But, family is still family and to see that you feel sorry makes it easier for me to forgive you." Josh and Simon hugged once more earning a small cheer from Preston. Then Lachlan let one out too.

"Thank you." Simon added. When they pulled away Simon and Rob walked up to each other. "Is this," Simon said talking about the war, "over?"

"I think so. Losing my son made me realize how much this war isn't worth it. I'm happy and content with the size of my kingdom."

"Same here. But maybe we could work out a trade system in the future." Simon held out his hand.

"Deal." Rob shook, ending the war. Everyone in the background whooped. Lachlan and Josh ran towards each other ecstatic.

"We did it! Did we?" Josh exclaimed but then thought about it. Had they?

"Somehow, I guess?" Lachlan shrugged. Preston stood to the side laughing at them. Everybody else was confused.

"Wait, Josh." Preston stepped in. "Whatever happened to Harry?"

"I'm right... here..." Everyone turned around to see him out of breath, bending over his knees.

"Harry!" Simon shouted. Him along with JJ, Tobi, and Ethan all went up to hug him.

"Join us Harry in our festivities of hugging!" JJ hugged him and Harry fell underneath him, not having much strength.

"Felt great breathing fresh air. I'd like to breath again." Harry grunted, writhing out from under JJ.

"Welcome home brother."

That is how the story of this war, between the East Kingdom and the West Kingdom, final came to an end. Preston and Josh kept their brotherhood a secret with only Lachlan and Harry knowing. Soon after returning home, Vik proposed to Lachlan. Although Simon is still wary of Harry, and Josh is shaky about his father they all get along. For now, they all lived happily ever after.

~End~