Chapter Two

Chloe couldn't get her mind off of Max. From the minute she woke up until she went to bed all she thought about was Max. Rachel was determined to keep Max away from Chloe. She thought he had crossed a line when he hit her.

As it was the weekend, Chloe was planning on having a chill day with her three girls. Emily was lying on her play mat. Isla was colouring and Aubree was playing with her dolls. "Mummy when is daddy coming?" Isla asked. Chloe sighed

"He's busy Isla. I think you'll see him soon," Chloe told her. Isla pouted

"Can we call him?" Isla asked. Chloe didn't know what to say. "Mummy, please," Isla said. Chloe looked at Isla

"I've lost daddy's number. I'm sorry," Chloe told her daughter. Isla nodded and she played with Emily.

Tom needed to tell Charlotte that Max was coming over to discuss something. Tom had seen that Chloe wasn't coping without Max and that she saw Max in Emily everyday. "Charlotte, Max is coming over tonight, we need to discuss the school," Tom told her. Charlotte nodded.

"Chloe's not coping without him. Everyday she suffers," Charlotte said. Tom sighed.

"Chloe will be okay. She has us. Eddie, Rachel and her three girls," Tom said. Charlotte nodded.

Rachel had offered to have Aubree,Isla and Emily that night. As Emily was still small Rachel hadn't had Emily overnight before. Chloe had decided that once the girls had gone that she was going over to Charlotte and Tom's. She had no idea that Max was going to be. there.

Once Rachel had puck up the girls Chloe got changed into skinny jeans, vest top and heels. She left her newly dyed red hair down and curly. After locking the back door she made sure that Rachel hadn't forgotten anything, she left and went over the road to Charlotte and Tom's.

Max and Tom were discussing the school. They hadn't mentioned Chloe. The doorbell rang. Charlotte came into the living room "its open," Charlotte said. The door opened and Chloe came in. She had a smile on her face

"I'm child free so you fancy a chat?" Chloe asked. Charlotte grinned.

"Sure," Charlotte replied. It was then that Chloe noticed Max.

Chloe saw Max sitting there and she felt her heart racing. She had frozen. Charlotte noticed and took her upstairs.

"You knew she was living close by and you never saw fit to inform me?" Max asked. Tom sighed.

"I'm sorry. She was distraught over what happened," Tom said. Max rolled his eyes.

"She's been living close with my daughters. I had a right to know!" Max said. He was trying not to yell.

Chloe was pacing. She couldn't believe that she had seen Max. "You could have told me he was here Charlotte. It was so hard seeing him. Do you know how I felt?" Chloe asked. She was crying.

"I'm sorry Chloe. I didn't know you were coming over," Charlotte said. Chloe sat on the bed next to her

"That was so hard," Chloe said. Charlotte started crying

"I felt like everything that happened back in Scotland was my fault," Charlotte said through the tears. Chloe hugged her

"It wasn't your fault. It was mine. Scotland is where I had a drinking problem. Scotland is where I got ill and Rochdale is my chance to put everything right," Chloe said.

Chloe left Charlotte sitting upstairs and she went downstairs. Walking into the living room she saw Max sitting there with Tom.

"Hi," Chloe said. Max looked up and smiled