Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N ~ this chapter will be a sad one.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Chloe was sitting in the office while Max was at an LEA meeting. She was bored and she missed him like mad. She had no idea of the time when her phone rang. -

"Hello?"
"Is this the mother of Jayden Tyler?"
"Yeah is he okay?"
"Not really. He has choked on something and had been rushed to the Hospital"
"Why didn't you call me?"
"We didn't think"
"You didn't think?"
"We're sorry"
"What hospital is he at?"
"Greater Manchester."

Chloe hung up and she ran to get her car keys.

Charlotte was sitting in the staffroom alone. She had no idea of the time when Chloe burst in. "What's wrong?" Charlotte asked.

"Jay choked on something in daycare. They've taken him to the hospital," Chloe said. Charlotte could see how badly distressed Chloe was.

"Shall I come with you?"

Chloe nodded. "Yes please."

They arrived at the hospital and Chloe and Charlotte were taken to an empty room.
"What?" Chloe asked. Charlotte squeezed Chloe's hand.
"It's okay Chloe. Your baby's gone with Louise," Charlotte said. Chloe broke down and pushed Charlotte away.
"All you think about is Louise this and Louise that! I'm glad you lost her!" Chloe screamed at Charlotte. Charlotte couldn't speak. Chloe didn't stop there. "You know what? You're a terrible mother. I'm not. So why should I have to lose a child like you do?"
Charlotte was trying not to cry. Max arrived at the hospital and held Chloe. Chloe cried into him.

Charlotte walked off and cried. She text Tom saying she wasn't ever coming home and that she was going to be with Louise. Charlotte hated herself. Chloe was right, she was a terrible mother.

Max took Chloe home and she saw Jay's clothes on the floor. She broke down. "Its gonna be okay."
"How is it?"
"You'll have Charlotte to get you through," Max said.

Tom drove around looking for Charlotte. He saw her standing at the bridge. "Charlotte, don't."
Charlotte turned back to him. "Why not?"
"Everyone needs you."
"Chloe doesn't."
Tom sighed. "You've had a row with Chloe. That doesn't mean you have to attempt to end your life!" Tom yelled.
"Jay died! And Chloe said I deserved Louise dying!"
"I'll talk to Chloe."

Eddie had taken the kids to his house while Chloe cried into Max. Suddenly, Chloe straddled Max. "What are you doing?"
"Please."
"No Chloe!" Max said. The doorbell rang and Chloe answered it. It was Tom.
"Can I talk to you two?" Tom asked. They nodded.

Tom sat down with them.
"Charlotte's just tried to end her life. I had to leave her out in the car with the doors locked in case she tries again," Tom said.
"Why?" Chloe asked.
"You told her that she deserved Louise to die on her. That hurt her Chloe. She's been self harming since she died," Tom said.
"I didn't mean it. I was angry," Chloe said.
"Well here's my car keys. Unlock the car and talk to her," Tom said. Chloe took the keys off Tom.

Chloe walked outside. She unlocked the door and climbed in. "I'm sorry," Chloe mumbled.
"No you're not. I'm a terrible mother," Charlotte said. Chloe sighed.
"You're not a terrible mother. All your kids love you," Chloe told her.
"I'm not!"

Chloe climbed out the car and took a deep breath before she walked to the hospital. "I'd like to see my son."

Chloe was taken to where Jay was. She went into the room and saw her baby boy lying on the hospital bed lifeless. "If you need anything."
"Hi baby boy, its mummy. I'm so sorry I never got to see you before you left. I'm gonna miss you so much though baby. I'll see you again," Chloe said. She took one last look at Jay before she walked out.