Chapter Sixteen

Previously;

Max suddenly appeared. "Tell me what?" he asked.

"Nothing," Chloe said.

"Chloe's pregnant."

Now;

"How could you? I asked one thing and you tell him!" Chloe yelled. Charlotte sighed.

"He needed to know Chloe. You've kept this hidden for too long," Charlotte said. Max looked over to Chloe.

"How long have you known for?" Max asked. Chloe didn't say anything. "Chloe! How long have you known you were pregnant?"

Chloe was crying. "Two months. I'm sorry."

Max wasn't angry - he was happy. He just couldn't understand why Chloe hadn't told him.

Charlotte went out after Chloe told her to.

"Charlotte!" Chloe called back. Charlotte turned to her and Chloe smacked her. Charlotte was shocked.

"Stay out of my life!" Chloe yelled. Charlotte went back home crying hard. Max came outside.

"Chloe, inside now!" Max yelled. Chloe saw her mum standing on the doorstep. Chloe didn't move so Max walked over to her and gently grabbed her arm.

Charlotte went into the house and ran straight upstairs. Tom came up behind her. "What happened?" Tom asked. Charlotte sighed.

"I told Max something that Chloe begged me not to but he had to know. Chloe's upset and she hates me," Charlotte cried. Tom frowned.

"What did you tell Max?"

"Chloe's pregnant."

Max had one thing on his mind - was the baby his. Emily was toddling around the living room. Isla was playing dress up and Aubree was lying down as she felt ill. There was a reason Chloe didn't tell Max and he wanted to know.

"Dada."

Max looked down to see Emily, smiling he puck her up and put her on the sofa with her bottle. Chloe came in from sitting outside. Max needed to know. "Chloe, we need to talk," Max said. Chloe sat on the sofa.

Chloe sighed and Max sat with her.

"Is this baby mine?" Max asked.

"Who did this?" Charlotte asked. Tom sighed.

"Max, I upset Chloe though," Tom admitted. Charlotte frowned.

"Tom, you shouldn't have upset her!" Charlotte told him. Tom felt bad.

"I know, I'm sorry," Tom said.

"You never answered my question Chloe - is this baby mine?" Max asked again. Chloe was crying.

"Why do you think its not?"

"You didn't tell me," Max said.

"Of course it's yours!" Chloe said. Max sighed.

"I'm sorry," Max said.

Chloe cried into him and Max held her.

"Charlotte will never forgive me," Chloe said.

"She will. Look, we'll go over later for dinner and bring the kids," Max suggested. Chloe nodded in agreement.

Chloe went to check on Emily who was asleep in her cot. Emily was wide awake and standing up. "Hey sleepyhead."

Emily giggled and held her arms out for Chloe. "Mama."

Charlotte wasn't talking to Tom. The doorbell rang so Tom answered it and Rachel walked in. "What the heck is going with Chloe? And don't give me the 'it's none of your business. She's my daughter and I have a right to know," Rachel said. Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"You have no right to know," Charlotte said. Rachel glared.

"Charlotte, what is wrong with her?" Rachel asked again.

"I'm not saying!" Charlotte yelled. Rachel went over and slapped her. Rachel stormed out of the house.

Charlotte ran upstairs and ran into the bathroom. She locked the door and found the box of pills she had sitting. She popped them all.

The doorbell rang and Tom answered it. It was Chloe and Max with the kids.

"Come in," Tom mumbled.

"Where's Charlotte?" Chloe asked.

"Upstairs. Your mum came over and asked what was wrong. Charlotte wouldn't tell her so Rachel slapped her," Tom said. Chloe went upstairs

Chloe knocked the bathroom door but there was no answer. "Charlotte, its me," Chloe said. There was still nothing. "Charlotte open the door! TOM!" Chloe yelled. Tom and Max came running up the stairs with Max behind him.

"What's happened?" Max asked. Chloe turned to look at him.

"She's not answering, she's ended her life. I know she has," Chloe said. Tom broke down the door.

"No, Charlotte don't be daft," Tom said.

Chloe took one look at Charlotte and she turned to leave." Chloe?"

Chloe turned to Max. "I can't do this anymore, I've had enough," Chloe said. Max frowned as Chloe left the house.

"Mama?"

"I'm done," Chloe said. Max ran after her but Chloe already drove off.