Chapter Thirty-Five

Taitlyn hadn't been in school in a few days. Neither had Chloe or Aubree. Chloe and Max had gotten into a massive row and she had kicked him out. She didn't understand why Max had been distant with her lately. She didn't know what she had done wrong.

That morning, Chloe woke and she saw Grace asleep in her cot. Aubree was in the bed too. Chloe smiled. She had her eldest and her youngest there with her. "Are we going to school today?" Aubree mumbled.
"I don't know," Chloe admitted. "Only if you want to."
Aubree shrugged and cuddled into Chloe. Chloe held her tightly.
"How's Taitlyn?" Chloe asked.
"No one's heard from her. Charlotte and Tom won't let her out," Aubree said. Chloe felt bad for Taitlyn.
"Right, we're going to see Taitlyn this morning," Chloe said. Aubree smiled slightly and nodded.

Taitlyn laid in bed. Her parents weren't allowing her out. Mike had gone to the army. Taitlyn wasn't allowed to see him anymore. She grabbed the house phone as everyone was out at Waterloo Road.
"Hello, abortion clinic," the woman said.
"I'd like to make an appointment for today please," Taitlyn said.
"Okay, is next week okay?"
"That's fine."

Chloe took Grace and Scarlett to the daycare she had enrolled them in. She didn't want them at Waterloo Road creche anymore. Isla was staying home with Emily and Aubree.

Chloe had gone over to Taitlyn. She needed to see if she was okay. "Tails, its Chloe sweetie."
"Coco, I can't open the door."
Chloe frowned. "Why not?"
"Mum and dad have locked me in," Taitlyn said. Chloe was shocked. She got her phone and called Charlotte.

Max had been thinking about it all morning. He was leaving Tom in charge of the school and he was going to see Chloe. He wasn't letting her go. He loved her too much.

Charlotte saw it was Chloe and answered the phone.
"What's wrong?" Charlotte asked.
"You locked Taitlyn in the house!" Chloe yelled.
"It's for her own good," Charlotte said and hung up the phone. She knew it was wrong but she didn't want Taitlyn to do something stupid.

Chloe looked helplessly at the door. Aubree, Isla and Emily looked for a spare key.
"Mummy!" Emily said. Chloe looked over at Emily. She had a key.
"Thanks baby," Chloe said. Chloe opened the door. They all ran in. Chloe closed the door but she heard Aubree scream.

Chloe ran to the kitchen and saw Taitlyn pointing a knife at her stomach. Chloe tried to step forward but Taitlyn glared. Chloe stepped back. Emily and Isla went to phone Charlotte and Tom.

Max saw Chloe going into Tom's house. He parked the car and went in. He walked in and saw what was happening.
"Taitlyn don't be silly," Max said.
"My parents don't want this baby. I don't want it. Mike doesn't want it. It's going. I can't wait until next week for an abortion. I'm doing it now," Taitlyn said. Max stepped forward slightly. Taitlyn glared at him.
"Losing a baby is the hardest thing ever. When Chloe lost a baby I was heartbroken. I didn't show it though and I should have. Look at how many babies your mummy has lost," Max said. Taitlyn looked up at him. They were both crying.

"My parents hate me for it," Taitlyn said. Max sighed.
"They don't. They're angry because of the situation but they love you still," Max told her.
"Really?"
Max nodded. "If it were Aubree in this situation, I'd be mad at her but I'd still love her," Max said. Taitlyn lowered the knife and ran to Aubree.
"I don't want this baby though."
Max sighed. "If its really what you want then I'm sure Chloe would go with you."
Chloe nodded. "Sure honey."

Max was standing outside. Chloe came out to him. "Hi."
Max nodded and Chloe sighed.
"I'm sorry for throwing you out," Chloe said.
"It's fine. I don't mind sleeping in the office," Max mumbled. Chloe was shocked. Max didn't have a place to stay.
"Max come back please," Chloe said.
"Will you chuck me out again?" Max asked. Chloe shook her head and put her hand in Max's.
"No baby," Chloe said. Max nodded.