Chapter Nine

It had been two weeks since Charlotte had been abducted. Chloe was blaming herself. She knew that if she hadn't taken the overdose or wandered off then Charlotte wouldn't have been raped or taken.

Chloe and Max were sitting in bed together. Chloe hadn't slept. "Chloe, you need to sleep," Max said."No Max. The police are coming over today. I need to be awake for them coming," Chloe said. Max sighed as the doorbell rang. Chloe grabbed her clothes and put them on quickly before running downstairs.

Charlotte was terrified. She was pregnant. But was it Tom's or the man who raped her?

Tom was in tears every night and so were the kids. Eddie wasn't much better. Neither him nor Leah had slept since Charlotte was taken. Eddie was thinking the worst - he couldn't lose Charlotte.

Max was trying to keep Chloe calm but he was failing. "Why haven't you found her yet? Its been two weeks! Do something!" Chloe said. Max sighed.

"Chloe, calm down," Max told her. Chloe rolled her eyes.

"Do NOT tell me to calm down Max," Chloe said. Max stood and looked to the police officers.

"I think Chloe needs a short break. Could we continue this later?" Max asked. The officers nodded.

Rachel and Eddie went over to Chloe's. They needed to see how she was holding up. When they got there Rachel heard Chloe yelling.

Rachel ran in and calmed down Chloe. Chloe broke down on Rachel's lap. Eddie sighed.

"Is there any news?" Eddie asked the officers.

"Not yet, unless one of you has received a text or a phone call from Charlotte - we can track where she is from the text," the officer said.

Chloe immediately shot up and ran to get her phone. Max ran after her to see what she was doing.

"Chloe?" Max asked. Chloe looked up.

"I had a text from Charlotte the day she was taken," Chloe told him. Max didn't want to get Chloe's hopes up.

Charlotte sat on the bed in the small dingy room. She missed her kids. She missed Chloe, Tom, Eddie, Max and Rachel.

Rachel was trying to keep Chloe calm. "Look, darling, you need to take your medication," Rachel said. Chloe sighed.

"How can I even think about taking my pills?" Chloe asked.

"Mummy, are you leaving me?" Aubree asked. Rachel looked at Aubree.

"No I'm not Aubree. We're going to find Auntie Charlotte," Chloe said. Aubree giggled and ran upstairs again. Chloe handed her phone over. A police officer hooked the phone up to a laptop just as the doorbell rang.

Tom was standing outside Max and Chloe's with the kids. He needed to know if they found anything on Charlotte yet. Charlotte running away reminded him of the time Chlo ran away. He couldn't face it if something had happened to Charlotte.

Max answered the door. "Tom, what can I do for you?" Max asked. Tom sighed.

"Have you heard anything?" Tom asked him. Max faintly smiled.

"The police have said they can track a text Charlotte sent to Chloe's phone," Max replied. Tom felt a glimmer of hope."Come in Tom," Max said.

Chloe stood outside in the garden crying. "Chloe?" Chloe turned to see her mum standing there.

"This is all my fault," Chloe said. Rachel frowned.

"No its not. Its the person who took Charlotte," Rachel replied. Chloe broke down crying.