Chapter Seven

Max was now living with Chloe and his three daughters. Rachel hadn't been happy but Chloe had quickly told her that it was her house and she wanted Max with her. Aubree had been quiet and distant since she had kissed Tom.

Tom had been trying to make things happier for Charlotte and the kids. He wanted the kids to have some happy memories. Charlotte was looking forward to teaching, she wanted to be able to help kids like she had been helped.

Chloe and Max took Aubree and Isla to school and they took Emily to the school with them. She stayed in the creche. Arriving Chloe saw Helen Hopewell standing outside. "How long has she been back?" Chloe asked. Max sighed.

"When you were in the Hospital," Max told her. Chloe nodded. She had the feeling that something had happened between Max and Helen.

Chloe sat in the staffroom trying to hide her tears. Charlotte came in and noticed. "Chloe, what's happened?" Charlotte asked. Chloe looked up and shook her head.

"Nothing, I'm fine," Chloe replied.

Charlotte gave her a look and Chloe sighed.

"I think something has happened with Max and Helen," Chloe admitted.

"I'll talk with Max. I have to go and get my timetable for my classes from him. I'm glad I can be a science teacher. On my free periods you better come and see me," Charlotte said. Chloe laughed and nodded.

Max and Tom were in the office.

"Charlotte is becoming happier," Tom said. Max smiled.

"I'm glad," Max told him.

"How's Chloe doing?" Tom asked. Max sighed.

"She's coping. I know things are hard for her," Max said.

Chloe was still sitting in the staffroom thinking about things. If Max had slept with Helen while she was in Hospital she wouldn't cope.

Tom had left to start registration. Max was sitting in the office alone. The door knocked and Charlotte walked in. "I assume you're here for your timetables," Max asked. Charlotte nodded.

"That and something else," Charlotte said. Max handed her the timetables and frowned.

"What else do you need?" Max asked. Charlotte sighed.

"Did you sleep with Helen Hopewell when Chloe was in Hospital?" Charlotte asked. Max was shocked.

"Who told you that?" Max replied. Charlotte sighed.

"Chloe. She's convinced something happened between you and Helen," Charlotte said. Max sighed and looked at Charlotte.

"It was a mistake and it shouldn't have happened," Max said. Charlotte was shocked.

"You did sleep with her?" Charlotte asked. Max sighed.

"We kissed," Max told her. Charlotte scoffed. Neither of them had any idea that Chloe was listening in.

Chloe left the school heartbroken. "Chloe?" Chloe looked to see Bolton standing there with Paul Langley.

"Look who's back in Rochdale," Paul said. Chloe glared.

"Back off and do one," Chloe replied. Chloe walked off leaving Bolton and Paul standing there.

"Chloe is breaking her heart! Do you know what this will do to her?" Charlotte asked. Max sighed.

"I know. She can't find out though. I can't lose her again," Max said. Charlotte sighed.

"For Chloe's health and for the girls I won't say anything," Charlotte told him. Max smiled.