Chapter Thirty-One

Emily was still self-harming. Nobody knew. No one knew that she was scarring her body. Chloe had been overprotective of her. Max was getting better too. He was soon getting back to his old ways. He and Chloe were having sex everynight. They had always used a condom.

That morning, Emily sat in her bedroom and she got the glass she kept from under pillow. She scraped it across her wrist and the blood oozed out. "I'm a naughty girl. Naughty girls need to punished!" Emily mumbled.

Chloe lay in bed and she was tired. She and Max were up until 3am. "Wake up," Max whispered. Chloe groaned.
"Do I need to?" Chloe asked.
"Max junior is waiting for you," Max said. Chloe opened her eyes and took Max's manhood in her mouth.

Aubree went to check if Emily was okay. She went in and saw blood on Emily's arm. She was shocked.
"No Emily sweetie don't do that," Aubree said. Emily cried and Aubree held her.
"I've been a naughty girl and naughty girls need to be punished," Emily said. Aubree yelled for Chloe and Max.
Chloe came in and saw the blood. "Emmy, what happened?"
"I need to be punished mummy," Emily said. Chloe was shocked.
"Emmy no."

Aubree called Charlotte and told her what had happened. Charlotte would be over soon.

Chloe cleaned Emily's cuts. "Why are you doing this baby?" Chloe asked.
"Mr Carter said naughty girls need to be punished. I didn't brush my teeth last night so I have to be punished!" Emily said.
Chloe had to stay strong for her baby girl.
"Emily, you don't need to be punished. You're not a naughty girl," Chloe said. Emily shrugged.

Charlotte ran into the house. She ran upstairs to the bathroom. Emily ran to Charlotte.

Chloe let Charlotte talk to Emily. She knew Charlotte had been through the same thing.
"Will she be okay?" Max asked. He was crying. Chloe held him.
"She will babes," Chloe said. Max nodded. Chloe went to check on Scarlett. "What you doing?"
"Running away. The peace are after me cause I smacked my teddy and Isla said I'm naughty," Scarlett said. Chloe smiled.
"Isla told you that you were going to jail?" Chloe asked.
"Yes mummy! You need to go so the peace don't find me!" Scarlett said.

Charlotte cuddled with Emily. "These cuts, they're your battle wounds. They show you're struggling with the war," Charlotte said.
"You and mummy have white scars. Did you win the war?" Emily asked.
"Yeah."
"Will I win too?"
"You will."

Scarlett ran in. "Charly hide me!"
"Why?"
Scarlett sighed. "I smacked my teddy. Isla says the peace are coming!" She said. Emily gripped Charlotte's hand tightly. Chloe came in and scooped up Scarlett. Scarlett giggled and laughed.

Charlotte carried Emily downstairs. She saw Max and Aubree cuddling. Emily ran in and hugged Max.
"I love you," Max said to Emily.
"Love you too daddy."

Chloe decided that maybe everyone needed away for a while. She decided to book a weekend away. Chloe looked online and found a cottage in the country. She booked it. "Charly, get Tom and the kids over here. We're going away," Chloe said.

Charlotte went to get Tom and the kids. Chloe went to see Max. "How are you?" Chloe asked.
"I'm fine."
Chloe sighed. "You would talk to me wouldn't you? Like how you're feeling and all that," Chloe asked. Max rolled his eyes.
"Don't try and be a counsellor Chloe," Max spat. Chloe was struggling with everything.
Aubree heard the way Max was treating Chloe.
"Daddy stop," Aubree said. Max glared at her.

They drove off. Tom had got Max to take his pills. Max was asleep. Chloe was cuddled into Charlotte.
"I don't understand why he's acting like this. I'm struggling so much right now," Chloe admitted.

When they arrived at the cottage, Tom carried the kids in. Max wasn't talking. He was depressed but wouldn't tell anyone. Chloe went to sleep and Aubree and Taitlyn went with Chloe to keep an eye on her. "My mum is going to end up drinking again," Aubree mumbled.
"She won't Bee. We'll keep her strong," Taitlyn said. Aubree smiled and she kissed her.