Chapter Thirty-Seven

"You're having a miscarriage and you've broken your hips," the doctor said. Chloe was shocked.
"Miscarriage?"
"Yes."
Chloe glared at Max. "What?" He asked.
"You forgot the condom! Again!" Chloe yelled. Max smirked slightly. "Don't smirk at me Max!"
"Chloe, you're the reason I forget the condom. You're too irresistable," Max said. Chloe glared.
"Don't try sucking up! Its bullcrap."
Max smirked again. "Oh but you loved it last night," Max whispered. Chloe groaned. Max was turning her on. "See, you know I'm right."
"Bite me. Idiot."
"I will later," Max said. Chloe smiled.

Chloe got the baby out of her. She was a bit annoyed about it. So was Max.
"No more kids," Chloe mumbled. Max smiled slightly and kissed her cheek.

Chloe felt the tears from Max's face when he kissed her cheek. She looked at him.
"Hey, come on, it's going to be okay," Chloe said. She wiped away Max's tears and smiled at him.
"We'll be okay," Chloe promised Max. Max nodded and squeezed Chloe's hand.

Chloe had been discharged. Max was inviting Charlotte over for dinner since she and Tom had split up.

They got home and Chloe saw Grace sitting in her bouncer. "Grandad's upstairs," Isla said.
"Oh. Tell me when he's gone."
Max sighed. "Chloe, you have to talk to him some point."
Chloe rolled her eyes. "No I don't. He's just like my so called mother!"

Chloe held Grace close and kissed her head. "You're mummy's youngest baby. She's not having anymore," Chloe whispered. Grace was sleeping.

Max went to speak with Eddie. "Look, Chloe's still upset from before," he said.
"I'm sorry. I'll make it up to her," Eddie said. Max nodded. Eddie left.

Max and Chloe cuddled together with the kids. Charlotte arrived and Chloe hugged her.
"I'm so sorry," Charlotte said. Chloe smiled slightly.
"It's okay. I'm sorry about you and Tom," Chloe said. Charlotte shook her head.

Chloe noticed Charlotte wasn't wearing her wedding ring or engagement ring. She didn't say anything. Aubree ran downstairs and hugged Charlotte. Charlotte smiled.
"You alright?" Aubree asked.
"I'm fine sweetie. Are you alright?"
"Yeah."

Chloe went to make dinner. She was chopping potatoes when Max placed his hands around her waist. "What was it you said earlier?"
"Don't know what you're talking about."
Max smirked. "You said bite me. So baby, that's what I'll do," Max said.
Max started to leave love bites on Chloe's neck. Chloe moaned. She smiled and kissed him. Max kissed back.
"We need to get this done," Chloe said. Max whined but Chloe shoved pasta at him. She smirked and so did Max.

Dinner was ready and everyone sat around the table. Max fed Grace. Charlotte and Chloe were silent.
"Is there any chance of you getting back with Tom?" Chloe asked. Charlotte shook her head. Chloe sighed.
"I'm sorry chick."
Charlotte shrugged. "I don't care anymore Chloe. He's crossed the line too many times," Charlotte said.
"Where's he going to stay?"
"With Chlo," Charlotte mumbled.

After dinner, Chloe went to get ice cream. Max had Grace on his lap. She was trying to grab onto his tie. "Doesn't Chloe usually grab your tie?" Charlotte asked.
Max smirked. The doorbell rang and Charlotte answered it. Tom was drunk standing there. She tried to close the door.

Chloe heard yelling in the hallway. She ran out. She saw Tom trying to have sex with Charlotte. Charlotte was crying. Max ran out as Tom pushed into Charlotte. Max punched Tom. He dragged him upstairs.

Charlotte was shaking. Chloe held Charlotte. Chloe cuddled into her.
"You're going to be okay," Chloe said. Charlotte just nodded.
"Really?"
"Yeah honey."
Charlotte cried into her. "I don't think I can see him again," Charlotte said.
"You won't have to babes. I promise. You can stay here tonight," Chloe said.

Max had gotten rid of Tom. He came down to see Grace screaming on the floor. She had learnt how to crawl so she crawled over to Max.
Max held her. Chloe was trying to keep the kids down.
"Look, I'll go," Charlotte said. She got up and walked out.

Charlotte went home and saw Lillie.
"What's wrong sweetie?" Charlotte asked.
"Taitlyn's helping daddy throw up," Lillie said. Charlotte sighed and went upstairs. She got Taitlyn to mind the kids. Tom threw up and Charlotte rubbed his back. She knew she needed to stay with him.

Chloe and Max put the kids to bed. They cuddled together on the sofa.
"Where did Tom go?" Chloe asked.
"Dunno," Max mumbled.
Chloe sighed. "Charly has to get through this. She's been so amazing at staying strong," Chloe said. Max kissed her passionately.
"She will."
"Promise?"
"Promise."
They kissed heatedly before Max pulled the blanket over them and they fell asleep.