Chapter Fourty-Four

Things with Chloe and Max were going wrong. Max was throwing the kiss she had with William at her. Chloe hated what she had done but she needed comfort and Max wasn't there.

That morning, Chloe woke and saw Max sitting up in bed. Grace was on his lap. Grace was now twelve months old. She was tiny in comparison to her sisters at that age. "What's wrong with her?" Chloe asked.
"She woke and wouldn't go back to sleep."
Chloe sighed and she took Grace from Max. "Hey baby girl. What you doing?"
"Baba."
Chloe kissed her head. "Mummy loves you lotties."
Grace giggled and tugged on Chloe's bra strap. "No sweetie."

Max took Grace from Chloe. "She wants feeding Chloe or are you too half-soaked to do that?" Max spat. Chloe slapped Max. Max was shocked. Chloe took Grace downstairs and breastfed her. Aubree came down the stairs.
"Mummy, why are you crying?" Aubree asked.
"Daddy's not being nice," Chloe said. Aubree sighed and sat down beside Chloe.

Chloe continued to breastfed Grace. Aubree looked at her chest and then her mum's.
"I want a big chest like you," Aubree said. Chloe smiled and giggled.
"Wait until you have several children and then you'll see how big they can get," Chloe said. Aubree smiled and cuddled into her mum.
Max came downstairs. He glared at Aubree. "Take her upstairs."
Aubree looked at Chloe. "Go on. It's fine."
Aubree took Grace upstairs. She had text Charlotte and told her she thought her dad was going to hurt her mum.

Chloe glared at Max. "Come to call me a crap mum again?" Chloe spat.
"Shut up."
"Oh I'd love to see you make me Tyler."
Max approached Chloe and took hold of her wrists.
Chloe pushed Max over. Max fell into the coffee table and it broke. His hand was bleeding badly.

Charlotte ran in and witnessed everything. She glared at Max and took Aubree out. Tom ran in.
"Take the kids to Eddie's," Charlotte said. Chloe nodded and got the kids out.
Charlotte and Max looked at each other. "You okay?"
"Fine."
Charlotte took Max's hand and patched it up. They looked at each other and began kissing. The kiss was heated and passionate.

Chloe felt bad for what she did to Max. She asked Eddie to keep an eye on the kids while she went to see Max. She walked into the house where she saw Charlotte and Max having sex. They didn't know she was standing there.

Chloe decided to get one back on Charlotte and Max. She went over to Tom's house.

Charlotte and Max kissed passionately while they were having sex. Neither of them cared anymore. Both of their marriages were going badly so far.

Chloe and Tom were having sex.
"What about Max?" Tom asked.
"Screw him."
"I'm married," Tom finally said.
"Your wife and my husband are having sex!" Chloe said. Tom got angry and continued having sex with Chloe. They kissed passionately.

Charlotte and Max laid breathless on the sofa. "You're so good."
"You too."
Charlotte looked around. "Wasn't the front door closed?" Charlotte asked.
"Yeah."
Charlotte paled. "Someone saw us!"

Chloe and Tom were still going at it. Chloe's phone buzzed. Tom handed her the phone. -

"You know about Max and I having sex don't you? - Cx"

Chloe threw her phone down and went harder with Tom.

Charlotte felt awful. Max kissed her neck.
"Calm down," Max said. Charlotte started to cry. Max held her tightly.

Tom and Chloe laid breathless on the bed. They cuddled together.
"Maybe we should have always been together," Chloe said. Tom smiled and kissed Chloe. Chloe kissed him back.
"Move in with me," Tom said. Chloe nodded and kissed him again.

Charlotte and Max cuddled together. Charlotte rubbed his chest.
"You okay?" Max asked as he played with Charlotte's hair. She shrugged.

Chloe got dressed. Tom looked at her. "Where are you going?"
"Sort my stuff out."
Tom nodded. "I'll see you soon."
Chloe grinned and kissed him again. She walked downstairs and tried to avoid the tears that were threatning to fall down her face.

Tom had fallen in love with Chloe. He knew he was married and that he should love his wife but he didn't know anymore.

Charlotte and Max were still cuddled together. The door opened and Chloe walked in. They sprung apart when she came into the living room.
"Please I know you and him had sex," Chloe spat. Charlotte wanted to cry. She eventually did. Max pulled on pants and went after Chloe.

Max saw Chloe packing her stuff.
"What are you doing?" Max asked.
"Moving in with Tom," Chloe said. Max now felt like crying. He wouldn't cry in front of Chloe.
"Why?"
Chloe scoffed. "You shagged my sister! How can you expect me to stay here?" Chloe yelled. Max took her hand.
"It meant nothing to me."

Charlotte cried on the sofa. She knew Chloe hated her. She walked upstairs and saw Chloe crying on the bed. "Chloe I'm sorry."
"I don't care. You're welcome to him," Chloe spat.

Chloe got her stuff and she walked downstairs. Max followed her. "Don't leave."
"I'm staying with Tom," Chloe spat. Charlotte burst out crying again when she heard that. Chloe stormed out.

Max went over to Charlotte and slapped her. Charlotte was shocked. Max started to hit himself. Charlotte stopped him. Max broke down in her arms. Charlotte knew it was all her fault.

When Max fell asleep, Charlotte went upstairs. She grabbed Max's belt and knew it was time for her to go for good. She locked the bedroom door so no one could get in to save her.

Max woke for the toilet. He walked past the bedroom. He heard a sobbing coming from within. He broke the door down and saw Charlotte trying to kill herself. "Don't be stupid!"
"Chloe hates me."
"She hates me too. We'll deal with that," Max said. He helped Charlotte down and held her close. "We'll deal with this. I promise."

Chloe was in tears at Tom's. "I knew Scarlett being ill would damage us but I never thought it would drive him into the arms of my sister," Chloe sobbed.
Tom held her. "It'll all be fine. I pomise."
Tom and Chloe looked at each other. They began kissing heatedly. Eventually, they had sex again.

Charlotte had cried herself to sleep. Max tucked her in bed and kissed her cheek. He hated it when Charlotte tried to kill herself. He looked at the broken door and tried not to cry. He knew Charlotte didn't want to be found. She wanted to go for good.

Max found the letters Charlotte wrote. One for him, Tom, her kids and Chloe. He decided to get Charlotte's stuff from Tom's and then take letters with him.

Max rang the doorbell on Tom's house. There was scurrying coming from inside. Tom answered. "What?"
"Charlotte wants her stuff."
"Shacking up with her are you?" Tom spat. Max glared. He heard Chloe's sobs coming from inside.

Max pushed Tom out the way and walked into the living room. He saw Chloe in tears on the sofa. "Chloe? Baby."
Chloe looked up at Max and sobbed harder. "I'm not your baby. Not anymore."
"Chloe, I love you still."
"So you have sex with Charlotte to show that?" Chloe yelled. Max threw the letters Charlotte wrote on the coffee table. He went upstairs and packed up her stuff.

Chloe lifted one of the letters addressed to her. She opened it.
"By the time you read this, I'll be gone. You'll be very happy about that. I hate myself so much. I know you do too. I shouldn't have had sex with Max. I've ruined your life and Tom's life. I'm going. Make sure my kids never mention me again. I don't want them to remember me.
Charlotte"
Chloe didn't know what to feel anymore. Tom picked up his letter.
"Tom, I'm sorry I had sex with Max. It just happened. Don't hate me. I hate myself already. Please look after the kids and don't make them think about me. I hate myself so much. I've ruined two marriages. Know that I always love you"

Tom was in shock. He looked at Chloe. Chloe stood from the sofa and ran upstairs to Max. "Has she attempted?"
"Yes. I stopped her though."
Chloe nodded. "Right."
Max tucked Chloe's hair behind her ear. "You're beautiful Chloe."
"I'm not enough though. You'd rather have Charlotte," Chloe mumbled. Max knew Chloe would never go back to him.
"Maybe I should have been the one to kill myself," Max mumbled. He grabbed Charlotte's stuff and walked out.

Chloe felt her heart breaking. Even though Charlotte and Max cheated on her, hearing them both want to kill themselves broke her heart. She went downstairs. She sat with Tom and they both started to cry.

*a few weeks later*

Chloe hadn't spoken to Max in a few weeks. They had been in school together but they had only talked about school. Charlotte had avoided everyone.

As it was Saturday, Chloe was going over to see the kids. They all stayed with Max. Charlotte was there too.

After Chloe and Tom had sex again, Chloe got dressed. "What time you gonna be back?"
"No idea."
Tom sighed.

Chloe walked over to the house and rang the doorbell. Emily answered and threw herself into Chloe's arms. "Come home mummy," Emily sobbed.
Before Chloe could reply, Grace came toddling over to her. "Mumma."

Grace pulled at Chloe's top. Chloe smiled knowing her and Grace still had the bond through breastfeeding.

Charlotte was in the bedroom. She didn't say anything anymore. She let Max have sex with her and help her do things but she didn't want to be alive anymore. No one would let her go.

Charlotte's kids were over at Tom's with Chloe. Aubree kept glaring at Charlotte. She always heard Aubree yelling at Max that she wished Charlotte was dead. Charlotte had to agree with her.

Scarlett wasn't getting any better. She was getting worse and Max knew he would have to take her to the hospital soon for her final hours. He didn't want that. Chloe walked into the living room and saw Max trying to feed Scarlett.
"Is she not getting better?" Chloe asked. Max shook his head.
"They say they can't do much for her unless there's an organ match. Her kidneys are failing," Max mumbled. Chloe felt bad.
"Maybe if I breastfeed her again. Surely my milk can hold things off for a little while," Chloe said. Max nodded and let Chloe do it.

Charlotte packed up all her stuff in suitcases. She left out one of her belts. The one with the stubborn buckle. She got a chair. When she locked the door and got herself ready, she jumped.
Chloe held Scarlett close to her. "Come on baby, stay strong for mummy. She needs you."
"Me need to go be angel now."
Chloe was in tears. "No you don't baby. Mummy and daddy need you. They both love you," Chloe said.
"Really?"
"Yeah."
Scarlett smiled. "Then me can be a happy angel."

Isla wanted to get her Mum's best dress. She opened the door and saw Charlotte hanging there. "Daddy!"
Max and Chloe both paled. Chloe was feeding Scarlett milk so she couldn't go. Max ran upstairs.

Aubree walked downstairs and looked at her mum.
"Hi Mummy," Aubree said. Chloe smiled.
"What's wrong upstairs?" Chloe asked.
"Charlotte's finally done what's right," Aubree spat. Chloe was confused.
"What do you mean?"
"She's hung herself."
Chloe couldn't believe the way Aubree was treating Charlotte. Max screamed for Isla to call 999. Max ran downstairs to get a knife.

Chloe thought Scarlett had fallen asleep but realised she was unconscious.
"Baby wake up!" Chloe yelled. Max didn't know what to do. He left the knife and Charlotte. He went to see Scarlett.

Two ambulances had arrived. Chloe rushed Scarlett out. "She's got acute lymphocytic leukemia. She went unconcious," Chloe sobbed. One of the ambulances took Scarlett while the other went to help with Charlotte.

Chloe went with Scarlett. Max ran upstairs and saw Grace running around with knife. "Grace, give that to daddy."
"Mumma!"
"Come on sweetie. You're going to grandad's."
"No! Mumma."
Max knew Charlotte was running out of time. The paramedics grabbed the knife off Grace and ran upstairs.

Max got the kids and text Tom what had happened. Aubree refused to care about Charlotte.
"When can we go and see Scarlett?" Aubree asked Max. Max watched as the paramedics carried Charlotte downstairs. They got her on the stretcher in the hallway.
"I'm not getting a pulse," one of the paramedics said.
"Let's get her to the ED so they can pronounce her dead," the other replied. Max's world fell apart. He would have to tell Chloe.

They got to the ED and Charlotte was taken on in with the blanket over her. Max went to see Chloe. Tom was there. The kids ran to Chloe.
"No pulse Charly," Grace repeated. Chloe and Tom looked at Max. Max couldn't speak.
"Tell me that's not true Max!" Chloe yelled. Max started to cry. Tom didn't know what to do. Taitlyn screamed when she heard it. Charlotte's kids cried.

Chloe held Scarlett's hand. The doctor had said that unless the donor was there ready to go then they should prepare themselves for losing Scarlett. Scarlett's sisters were all there. "Why Scarly there?" Grace asked.
"Okay, Scarlett is really poorly and the doctor's need to help make her better. If they don't help her then she has to be an angel."
"No mummy. We can't lose her."
Chloe was in tears.

Eddie and Rachel had turned up to get the kids. Once they had all gone, Max walked in. "Hey."
"Hiya."
"Charlotte has a pulse now."
"Great. You two can be happy together now," Chloe mumbled. She loved Max but clearly he loved Charlotte.
"I don't want to be with her," Max said. Chloe looked at him. He was in tears. "I want you."
Before Chloe could say anything they took Scarlett.
"What are you doing?" Chloe yelled.
"We have a donor but the donor isn't healthy. We have the get the organs now," the nurse said.

Chloe sat with Max. They cuddled together. Tom came out from a room.
"I can't believe that someone is going to die to save Scarlett," Chloe said. Max held Chloe close. They looked at Tom.
"Are you okay?" Max asked. Tom shook his head and started to cry.
"I've lost my wife."
"You've not."
Tom scoffed. "Yeah right."

The operation had been a success. Scarlett was taken to intensive care. The doctor came out and explained to Chloe and Max. "Can we meet the donor?" Chloe asked.
"Sure. Follow me."

The doctor led Chloe and Max to a door. They opened and there laid...

*~*~*~*~*~*~
A/N - this is the last chapter of DORM4. This means that we are now moving onto the final book in the DORM series!