Chapter Thirty-Two

Chloe was constantly on edge. Max could flip so easily and she was scared. Scared in case he hurt her or one of the kids. Things were good when Max was in a good mood but when he had been drinking then that's when Chloe would be scared. He hadn't hurt her yet but she didn't want to leave it to chance.

It was 5am in the morning. Chloe sat downstairs with Scarlett who had slept in bed with her parents. "Why daddy dink all the time?" She asked.
"He's not well babes."
"Will he get better?"
"Yeah sweetie."

Charlotte was worrying about Chloe. She had been so stressed during her pregnancy. The doctor had told her that her blood pressure was high and she was at risk of losing the baby. Charlotte felt bad for everything that had happened recently. She knew Max was unwell but he would get better. He had another child on the way.

Max came downstairs and he was ready for work. "Chloe baby, are you alright?" Max asked.
"Fi-fine."
Max nodded and kissed Chloe. She flinched and tried to back away from Max. Max was hurt.

Charlotte was getting stressed over Chloe. Tom noticed.
"I'll take Max away next week," Tom said. Charlotte nodded and waited for Max and Chloe to arrive at school with the kids.

Max wasn't just ruining his relationship he was ruining Charlotte and Tom's relationship. Charlotte was so worried and stressed that she wasn't sleeping and never had sex anymore.

Charlotte saw Chloe arrive. Max tried to kiss her but she walked away. Charlotte noticed. "I feel so bad for them."
"They'll be fine babe. I promise," Tom said.

Chloe sat on the roof of the school and she cried. She wanted to be in the loving relationship she had with Max she had before. "Chloe?"
It was Charlotte. "Oh hiya."
"Are you okay sweetie?"
Chloe shrugged. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Charlottte knew Chloe was lying. She wasn't fine. "Talk to me sweetie."
"I'm scared," Chloe said.
"Of Max?"
"Yeah."

Chloe told Charlotte everything. Charlotte held Chloe tightly. She remembered when it used to be the other way around.
"Is it still okay for Taitlyn to stay with you this weekend?" Charlotte asked. Chloe nodded.

They went inside and decided to relax in the canteen for a while.

Tom stormed into Max's office. He was going to sort this out. "Sort yourself out," Tom spat.
"What?"
"Your wife is scared of you!" Tom said. Max sighed.
"She doesn't need to be scared of me."
"She is! She's living in fear!"

Charlotte was asking Chloe questions to try and take her mind off everything. "Any names for the baby?"
"I like Grace," Chloe mumbled. Charlotte smiled.
"Isla's middle name is Grace isn't it?"
"Yeah."

Aubree and Taitlyn were talking. "My mum is terrified my dad will hurt her," Aubree mumbled. Taitlyn held her close.
"It will be fine babe. I promise you that."
Max didn't know what to do. He couldn't believe Chloe was scared of him. He wanted to drink. He left school early and went home.

Chloe got the kids and Taitlyn. They all walked to the car. Charlotte told Taitlyn to text her if she needed help - she was scared something would happen.

Chloe went to the house and could smell alcohol.
"Kids go upstairs," Chloe said. They nodded and left. Taitlyn text Charlotte to tell her about the smell.

Chloe went into the kitchen and saw Max drunk. He looked at Chloe and dragged her to the bedroom. Max pushed Chloe onto the bed. "Not like this, you're drunk," Chloe said. Max rolled his eyes.
"Come on."
"No Max!"
Max wasn't listening. He pushed Chloe onto the bed and forced himself on her.

Charlotte went over to Chloe's immediatley. Tom came too. They heard Chloe and Max yelling. Tom went to see the kids. "Daddy is hurting mummy," Scarlett said. Charlotte ran upstairs.