Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chloe had been drinking everynight since Jay had died. She was getting out of control and Max didn't know what to about her. Charlotte had been released from the hospital and Tom had been supportive over her.

It was 11pm and Max sat at home waiting for Chloe. Scarlett was asleep on the sofa. Max tried calling Chloe but her phone was switched off. "Daddy, where's mum?" Aubree asked.
"I don't know."
"How do you not know?" Aubree asked. Max glared at his daughter.
"I don't track her movements!" Max shouted. Aubree flinched. She hated her dad shouting.
"I'm sorry I just want her here," Aubree mumbled.

Charlotte and Tom were making out. Taitlyn came in and then walked out. Charlotte walked over to her.

Taitlyn was in tears. Charlotte held her.
"Aubree broke up with me. Daddy and Max made her. Mummy why does daddy hate me?" Taitlyn asked. Charlotte got angry.
"Ignore it sweetie. Aubree loves you and nothing could change that," Charlotte told her. Taitlyn smiled slightly.
"It clearly has changed."

Max had sent Aubree up to bed and he carried Scarlett up. When he came back down he made himself a coffee and waited for Chloe. He couldn't blame her for how she was dealing with their son's death but he wanted to be the one she turned to instead of the alcohol.

It was around 1:45am when the door opened and Chloe stumbled in. Max went to get her.
Max carried her upstairs and she passed out.

*the next morning*
Charlotte woke up beside Taitlyn. She had an argument with Tom last night and wasn't talking to him. She text Chloe to tell her too.

Charlotte went downstairs and made breakfast. Tom came in and Charlotte ignored him.
"What have I done?" Tom asked. Charlotte glared at him.
"Making Aubree break up with Taitlyn? That's low!" Charlotte spat. Tom sighed.
"They're too young."
"Whatever."

Chloe went downstairs and she went straight to the fridge. "What are you doing?" Max asked. Chloe sighed.
"I need a drink."
"Of what?"
"Alcohol."
"No. Talk to me instead Chloe," Max said. He took Chloe to the living room.
"I miss him," Chloe said. "The alcohol makes it go away."
"It doesn't. I'm struggling too babe," Max said.

Tom and Charlotte were arguing. Taitlyn came in.
"She's a lesbian!" Tom yelled.
"Josh was gay!" Charlotte yelled.
"I don't want another child of mine being gay!"
"Get out Tom!" Charlotte yelled. Tom grabbed his jacket and walked out. Charlotte refused to cry. She didn't want to know why he was like that.

Aubree was sitting in her room. She heard Chloe crying and felt bad.

Charlotte got the kids ready and she walked over to Chloe and Max's. She walked in and saw Chloe asleep on the sofa. "Is she okay?" Charlotte asked.
"She'll be fine," Max said. Charlotte smiled and sat next to Chloe on the sofa.

Chloe eventually woke and she ignored everyone. "Chloe, talk to us sweetie," Charlotte said. Chloe ignored her. "Come on."
"Leave me alone."
"I'm not gonna do that. You're not alone."
"Leave me alone!" Chloe yelled. She stood and walked into the kitchen. She looked at the vodka in the fridge and she smashed it all. Max came running in and he saw the blood pouring down Chloe's arms.
"Calm down."
"It hurts so much," Chloe said. Max held her close. Charlotte came in too.
"This is all your fault!" Chloe yelled at Charlotte. Charlotte walked out.

Max took Chloe to the hospital and got her hands stitched and wrapped up.
"We need to apologise to Charlotte," Max said. Chloe nodded.
"Will she hate me?" Chloe asked.
"Of course she won't," Max said.

Charlotte had packed the kids up and she put them in the car. She looked around and saw Chloe and Max pulling up. "Charlotte?"
Charlotte turned to Chloe. "What?" Charlotte spat. Chloe sighed.
"I'm sorry."
"I don't care."
Chloe felt bad. "I'm sorry! Okay! I'm hurting so much right now!"
"I am too! I lost my baby girl."
Chloe sighed and she walked over to Charlotte. "Look Charly, I can't apologise enough but I'll try."
Charlotte walked away and she climbed into the car. She drove away...