Chapter Thirty

Tom tried to contact Chloe but her phone was switched off. "Max, come with me to Hospital," Tom said. Max reluctantly followed him.

Chloe cuddled with Emily. "Why was daddy being mean?" She asked. Chloe sighed.
"He's just upset honey. He doesn't mean it," Chloe said. Emily nodded.
"Does he hate me?"
"No."

Max had been diagnosed with Schizophrenia. He had been given medication. Tom drove home. "We'll explain things to Chloe. She'll understand," Tom said. Max rolled his eyes.
"Get real Tom. I've hurt her so much," Max said.
"You've not Max. She needs you."

Eddie had come to take the kids to his. Chloe wanted to see Max. After locking up Charlotte's house, she walked over to her own. She walked in to see Max drinking coffee. "Where's Tom?"
"Gone."
Chloe sighed and walked upstairs. Max followed her. "Chloe listen to me," Max said.
"Why?"
"I love you."
Chloe turned to him. "Do you? You never call me baby anymore. You're always working and we never get to have sex," Chloe said.
"Shut up!" Max yelled. Chloe frowned. Max was looking around the room.
"Max?" Chloe asked. Tom walked in with Charlotte. He saw Max.
"Come on you," Tom said. Max nodded and followed him. Tom was going to give him his tablets.

Charlotte sat Chloe down.
"Why did Max tell me to shut up?" Chloe asked.
"He didn't mean it. He wasn't talking to you. He was talking to the voices," Charlotte said.
"He was faking it."
"He wasn't. Tom came in. He heard him talking to the voices. He said... he said he was going to kill himself tonight because that's what the voices wanted," Charlotte said. Chloe felt bad.

Chloe walked downstairs. She saw Max. "Why didn't you tell me?" Chloe asked.
"Why should I have?"
Chloe was breaking. "Because I love you Max. You've always been there for me," Chloe said.
"You don't get it do you. You've caused this. You and your messed up life. Well congratulations Chloe. I'm just as messed up as you," Max spat.

Chloe walked over to Max. She turned him to her. "You are such an idiot at times. You need to realise. You're not alone," she said. She was repeating the words he said to her when she had been raped. "I bloody love you Mr Tyler."
Max broke down. Tom held him. Max didn't want to be mentally ill. He thought Chloe wouldn't love him if he was.
"I don't want this," Max sobbed. Chloe held him. Tom stood back to let them talk.
"I know you don't babes. None of us do," Chloe said. Max cried into Chloe. Chloe saw his tablet on the table and a glass of water.
"Take your tablet," Chloe said. Max nodded and took it.

Tom put Max to sleep on the sofa so they could keep an eye on him.
"He doesn't mean what he says," Charlotte told Chloe.
"I know he doesn't," Chloe said. She laid down beside Max and held him tightly. He cuddled into her in his sleep.

*the next morning*

Chloe and Max were getting ready for work. "Max, are you okay?" Chloe asked.
"Fine."

They arrived at work and Chloe saw Emily shaking. She hadn't been here since she had been groomed. "Sweetie, you wanna go home?" Chloe asked her.
"Yes," Emily mumbled.
"Come on then."

Chloe took Emily home and put Frozen on for her. "I don't like Waterloo Road," Emily mumbled.
"I know sweetie."

Max and Kim were sitting in the office. Max ignored her talking to him. Max was shaking. Kim was complaining that he was with Chloe and not her.
"Shut up you stupid cow!" Max yelled. Kim was shocked and walked out. Aubree walked in.
"Daddy?" Aubree asked. Max dropped his pills and Aubree picked them up. She tried not to cry.
"Daddy, are you okay?" Aubree asked. Max started to cry and shook his head.

Chloe was worried about Max. She remembered what Tom had heard. She didn't want to lose Max. She had just lost Jay.
"Mummy, is daddy okay?" Emily asked.
"He will be soon sweetie," Chloe said. Emily cuddled into Chloe and fell asleep. She text Aubree to check on her dad.

Aubree text back and told Chloe he had a small breakdown. Chloe called Eddie and asked him to mind Emily.

As soon as Emily was with Eddie, Chloe got in her car and drove to the school. The minute she was there she ran to the office. "Aubs, go on babes its fine."

Once Aubree was gone, Chloe looked at Max. "Come on baby. Its okay."
"Really?"
"Yes, I'm here for you. Baby, what do you remember about us having sex?" Chloe asked. She needed to get Max to calm down.
"I don't know," Max said. He started to cry again. "Don't hate me."
"I don't hate you babes. Come on over here," Chloe said. Max followed her to the sofa.

Chloe kissed Max. Max didn't kiss back but Chloe kept trying. Finally he did kiss back. Chloe smiled. She unzipped his trousers and got his manhood out. Max looked at her.
"W-Why are you doing that?" Max asked. Chloe smiled with sympathy. She realised his mind was messed up. She wanted to get him back to normal.
"It will feel good babes," Chloe said. Max nodded.

Chloe kissed him again and he kissed back. "Do you remember how much you loved me doing this?" Chloe asked. Max nodded.
"Yeah."
Chloe grinned and kissed him. "Good. I remember all the pleasure you gave me," Chloe whispered.

Chloe and Max started to go at it. Eventually, Max remembered. "You were amazing."
"Likewise."

Charlotte needed to know that Chloe and Max were okay. She walked to the office and saw them. She walked back out with a smile on her face. She was so happy Chloe was helping Max with this.

Charlotte took the kids home. Taitlyn went upstairs to do homework. Aubree went after her and started to kiss her neck.
"No Bee," Taitlyn said.
"Yes Bee," Aubree mumbled. Taitlyn moaned and eventually gave in.

Eddie came over with Emily. Charlotte took her in while Tom explained to Eddie what was wrong with Max.

Chloe kissed Max while they were having sex.
"They told me I should kill myself," Max admitted.
"Don't listen to them baby. I need you, you're my big handsome man," Chloe said. Max smirked slightly. "I love that smirk too."
"Good."

Charlotte was playing with Emily. Emily was cuddling her teddy. Since everything that had happened, Emily hadn't put her teddy down. "What's your teddy called?" Charlotte asked.
"Dolly."
"Cute."

Chloe and Max eventually finished having sex. "Remember now?" She asked as she put her top back on.
"Indeed."
Chloe grinned. "You keep taking your medication baby and they won't tell you anything again," Chloe said. She walked over to Max and zipped his trousers up.
"Deep down you know you want to be unzipping these," Max whispered.
Chloe smiled. Max kissed her. Max started to cry again.
"I love you so much Chloe," Max said. Chloe wiped away his tears.
"I love you too baby," Chloe said. They kissed again before going home.

When they got there, they saw Emily asleep with her blanket and her teddy.
"She's cute," Charlotte said. Max looked at Charlotte.
"I'm sorry," he said.
"Don't be. I have a black eye now, but as long as you're better I don't care," Charlotre said. Max hugged her and then went to see Emily. Tom was still talking to Eddie in the other sitting room. Chloe and Charlotte went to make everyone some tea and coffee and hot chocolate for the kids.

Chloe bought in some drinks while Charlotte carried some in too. Emily was sitting alone playing with her teddy. "Emmy, come and sit with us baby," Chloe said.
"No thank you. I'll stay with Dolly."
"Come on sweetie."
"I don't want to!"

Emily ran off upstairs and she hid under her bed. She was scared and feeling all alone. She suddenly went into the bathroom and saw something that Aubree had done. Cut herself....