Chapter Fourty-One

Aubree hadn't told her parents that she was being tested to see if she was a match for Scarlett. She didn't want to risk losing her sister.

That morning, Aubree woke and saw Scarlett sitting on her stomach. "What you doing?"
"Being tall!"
Aubree smiled. "You're a small fry."
"No!"
Scarlett climbed off Aubree and ran downstairs. "Daddy, am I small fry?" She asked. Chloe looked up from what she was doing.
Chloe smiled and kissed Scarlett.
"Ove you mummy," Scarlett said.
"Love you too baby," Chloe said.

Charlotte woke up beside Tom.
"I'm getting tested today," Tom said. Charlotte smiled.
"I know. Thank you," Charlotte said. Tom smiled and kissed her. Charlotte kissed back when the door flung open. TJ toddled in and climbed on to the bed.
"What are you doing? We're gonna be late."
"We're not in school today. Training day."
"Oh cool. I'm going on the play station."

Scarlett sat next to Grace. "Gwace sleep."
"Ba."
Scarlett giggled. "Go sleep."
"No, ba."

Max walked in to see his youngest two playing. "Grace won't go sleep!" Scarlett said.
"Ba."
Max smiled and held Grace.
"Let's go sleep," Max said. Grace yawned and fell asleep on Max's shoulder as he carried her upstairs.

Scarlett ran to Chloe and Aubree. Aubree lifted her up and kissed her cheek. Scarlett giggled and licked the Nutella off Aubree's finger. Aubree smiled at her sister.

Tom got ready for testing. "You ready Mr Clarkson?"
"Yeah."

Max came down from putting Grace to bed. Scarlett was looking lethargic on the sofa. "What happened?"
"She just started fitting. She's been getting worse."
"Call an ambulance."
Chloe sobbed. "Bee is."

An ambulance arrived. Scarlett had been rushed to A&E. She had detorriated
Scarlett was put on life support and pumped with chemicals. Aubree was taken for testing.

Tom got his results. He started to cry. It was negative. He felt like he had let Scarlett down. Charlotte held him and they went to see Chloe and Max in the ward. They walked in and saw Scarlett. She was lifeless. "Chloe?"
"She's got to stay in until she's recovered. They've not found a match yet. What if they don't find one? We'll lose her. Doctor has already said she's lucky to be alive," Chloe mumbled.
Charlotte was shocked. "They'll find a donor for her Chloe. They have to."
Chloe sobbed into Max. He hadn't shown any emotion. "Are you alright Max?" Tom asked.
"Fine."
Chloe held Scarlett's lifeless hand. "Mummy wishes that she was lying here instead of you. She loves you so much Scarly. Never doubt that."

Aubree sat in the living room at her Gran's house. She needed her little sister to get better. "Aubree, she'll get better. She has to stay in Hospital until she gets the transplant," Rachel said.
"So basically, she doesn't have this transplant then she's going to die?" Aubree asked.

Rachel knew she couldn't lie to her granddaughter. "Its looking that way Aubree."
"Okay."

Aubree walked upstairs and she cried. She didn't know what she would do if she lost Scarlett. Her little sister meant everything to her. Aubree grabbed the glass from her pocket and she cut...