Chapter Twenty-Four

"I'll go with Max," Chloe said. She saw the disappointment in Tom's eyes.
"You've made the worst mistake ever," Tom spat at her. Charlotte saw the smirk on Max's face when Chloe chose him. She couldn't help but think something bad was going to happen.

Chloe walked out of Charlotte's room where she saw Tom. She walked up to him. "I'm sorry, I love Max. He's the father of my kids," Chloe said. Tom scoffed.
"I love you Chloe. We could have started somewhere new. You me and the kids."
Max came out. "Haven't you done enough damage?" Max spat. Tom glared. Tom glared back at him.
Tom walked out. Chloe told Max about her idea. Max agreed. Chloe ran after Tom.

Charlotte was in hysterics.
"He's taken my kids!" Charlotte screamed. Max came in and felt his heart breaking for Charlotte.
"Charly, Tom was going to take your kids if he was ever found out. Chloe is away to try to get them back," Max told her. Charlotte cuddled into Eddie and nodded.

Chloe caught up with Tom. "Wait!" Chloe called after him. Tom turned back to Chloe.
"What?"
"I'm coming with you. I made a mistake, I don't want Max," Chloe lied. It tore her apart having to say that. "We'll go now," Chloe said. Tom kissed her.
"You won't regret it," Tom told her. Chloe smiled slightly and she turned to see Max standing at the doors. She realised now that everything would change.

Tom got the kids from Rachel while Chloe shoved a load of Scarlett's teddy's into a bag to make it seem like she was leaving with him. Chloe walked past hers and Max's bedroom and she cried. She made the right choice by choosing Max.

Chloe met Tom outside the house. "You ready for the beginning of the rest of our lives?" Tom asked. Chloe just nodded. Chloe could see the fear in the kids eyes.
"Why's Chloe with us?" Taitlyn asked. Tom smiled.
"Chloe and I are together. We're leaving," Tom said. Chloe saw Aubree standing on the doorstep and she broke down inside.

Max text Chloe -

I love you X - Max.

Chloe smiled at Max's text to her.

The kids got in the car. Chloe was taking Charlotte's kids while Rachel minded Chloe's ones. Tom was driving on his own.

When a car overtook Chloe, she turned down to the hospital. She dropped off the kids and told them to go to Charlotte.

Chloe caught up to Tom but whatever way his car moved, Chloe and Tom ended up crashing.

Max sighed in relief when Charlotte's kids walked into the room. Charlotte looked up. "Where's Chloe?" She asked. Max frowned.
"She went after daddy, they were both speeding," Taitlyn said. Max frowned and tried to dial Chloe's number. He got voicemail -

This is Chloe. Leave me a message. I'll get back to you.

"Chloe, pick up baby."
Max hung up.

Chloe's car had flipped over. The paramedics arrived at the scene. They got Chloe and Tom out of their cars but they both were fighting for their lives.

Max was told Chloe was coming in. He ran to meet the paramedics.

Charlotte was allowed home. Eddie held her as he walked her to the car.
"We'll visit Chloe once we have dinner. Let Max have some time with her," Eddie said. Charlotte nodded and held all the kids as he went back home.

Max walked into Chloe's room and saw her. He felt his heart breaking. She was hooked up to a load of machines. "What happened?" Max asked the nurse.
"She was in a car accident and her car flipped upside down. Its touch and go."

Charlotte couldn't believe Chloe had risked her life for the kids. "This is karma. Chloe slept with Tom and now she's lying in a Hospital bed," Rachel said. Charlotte looked up.
"You heartless cow! Chloe's fighting for her life!" Charlotte yelled. Charlotte was about to attack Rachel when Taitlyn pulled her away.
"No mummy. Please," Taitlyn said.
Charlotte took the kids out of the room.