Chapter 2

Clayton's POV

After five years of Alpha Training, and partying, I can finally go home and take on the Alpha role of my pack. It's hard to imagine that I now am in control of my father's pack. I hope I make him proud — and my mom.

My father used to tell me that I was too immature to be an alpha, but I've grown up, a little at least.

As I stand and wait for my Beta to pick me up I hear someone yell out to me. I turn around to see best friend Blake, just like me he is going to go home and going to take on the Alpha role to his pack.

"Finally going home." I say smiling.

"Yea. Can you believe it! We're Alphas now!" Blake says patting my shoulder.
"You're going to have to come visit my pack sometimes." He adds.

"And you have to visit mine."

Blake then sighs as he looks around at our surroundings. "You know, I'm going to miss this place."

I nod in agreement before I see my beta, named Damon, come to view as he pulls up and parks in front of me in a black Cadillac. I chuckle to myself slight; It's weird to think he was my father's beta, but now instead he is mine.

"Well this is it." I say to Blake as we do our handshake we made. "Later." He then says before walking away. I watch as beta Damon gets out and starts loading my bags into the car.

I turn around to look at the place were all my firsts happened, including my first time having sex, my first kiss, my first party, my first fight, my first relationship (which only lasted a week), just everything started here for me at age 14.

I didn't realize Damon was done loading my stuff in the car until he cleared his throat. I turned and looked at him as he bowed his head slightly, showing he submits.

"Alpha Clayton, I am your beta."

"Yea, I know. You were my father's beta too." He frowns when I mention my father before I walk over to the car and get in the passenger seat.

"Well Alpha Clayton, ready to take on the responsiblities of caring and leading a pack?" Beta Damon asks as he climbs in the driver's seat and turns the car on.

"I was born ready." I answer maybe a little too confidently.

When we pull into a drive way I see my pack house. Nothing's changed, still the same giant white colored house, still the same dark woods, still the same wolves, just a new Alpha.

Damon eventually parks the car and we both get out. My first instinct was to inhale the air that I used to breathe everyday as a pup, but instead of the smell of wolves and fresh air I smell something sweet, like candy and roses.

My wolf gets excited and chants 'Mate' over and over again.

I can't believe it, I'm going to meet my mate. I hope she is as beautiful as I have imagined her to be — long brown hair, bright blue eyes, full lips, around 5'7, and a nice fit body.

I try to act calm as Damon and I make our way to the front door, with all the pack members surrounding around us. We stop when a little girl, wrapped in only a towel and has a patch of bubbles on her head, pushes her way through the crowd and runs up to us before jumping in Damon's arms.

Her voice was soft when she spoke to Damon as I looked around for the smell of roses and candy because it was stronger now, which meant my mate was close.