Chapter 47

Clayton's POV

When we got back to the pack house Rose just invited the girl into the kitchen as if she had known the girl all her life.

I stand in the doorway as Rose asks Athena, "Do you like waffles?"
Athena answers by saying, "I have never had waffles."

What kind of person has never had waffles? This girl Athena just keeps getting stranger and stranger by the minute. I don't like it, one more odd thing about her and I'm going to kill her.

Rose gets a waffle and puts it on a plate before she sets it in front of Athena.

"Thank you." Athena says to Rose as Rose hands her a fork. Rose smiles, "You're welcome."

Rose looks up at me and I mind-link her, 'I don't care if you feel like you know her or not, I don't like her in our house. She could easily try to kill you and the baby.'

Rose sighs and mind-links me back, 'Clay,  I doubt she would be able to kill me when you are standing in the same room.'

Rose then sits down at the table next to Athena and Athena asks, "What are you naming the baby?"

I growl as she says that and I walk over to Rose as she sits at the table. I can feel that Rose is confused to how Athena knows when Rose couldn't even figure it out herself.

"I'm not pregnant." Rose says as she laughs slightly.
Athena raises an eyebrow, "Rosalind, you can't fool me."

Rose sighs, "I don't know what I'm naming the baby yet." Rose pauses for a second before she asks, "Will you tell me the 'long story' on how you knew my name right away?"

I sit down in a chair next to Rose as Athena bites her bottom lip while she thinks on it.

It feels to me like she is trying to come up with a story.
"Let's hear it." I demand.

Athena frowns at me, "Alpha Clayton, you can't demand everything."
"I am an Alpha, I can demand if I want."

Athena smiles at me and says, "All these Alphas now days are so foolish."

"Are you calling me foolish." I ask as I stand up. Rose looks at me before back at Athena.

"You can tell me the story later if you want. You look tired." Rose tells her. Athena shakes her head, "No, I'm fine, but could I have another waffle? Those are pretty good."

Rose laughs a tiny bit as she starts to stand up, but I don't want her to do to much work so I get up quick and grab a waffle before throwing it on Athena's plate.

"Well thank you Clayton." Athena smiles. I growl and sit back down near Rose.

Athena looks across the table at a bowl of raspberries that was left on the table from someone. She moves her hand over to grab it, but an invisible force pushed it away.

What. The. Hell. Yup, I don't like this girl. I stand up and growl warningly at Athena while she stares wide-eyed at the bowl.

She moves her hand to grab it again, but this time it flies all the way off the table and breaks on the floor — leaving the berries everywhere.

Rose jumps up and stares at the bowl, "how - how did you do that?"

I'm not waiting for any answers; I growl again and make my way towards Athena. Athena quickly stands up and says, "Alpha Clayton and Luna Rosalind, I am so sorry! I don't know how that happened! It's never happened before..."

I growl deeply as I say, "Don't know how you did that, huh? What the hell are you?!"
I grab Athena by the arm — but as soon as I do I felt something powerful, I felt the moon goddess.