Chapter 27

Rosalind's POV

I wake to light shining in through the windows. At first I don't know where I am but then I realize I'm in Clayton's room.

I stretch like a cat and then crawl out of his comfy bed. I swear he has a bed made of clouds.

I look around and notice he is not in his room; which means he probably didn't come to his room to sleep, he needs to get some, he can't keep going when he is sleep deprived.

I go to his bathroom and get in the glass shower. I wash my hair with his shampoo, since mine isn't in here.

After the nice long shower I get out and I dry myself off before getting dressed in my clothes that were in here already.
Last night when I was talking to him in his office some of my stuff was moved to his room.

Once I'm dressed I look over at a chair in the corner of the room that had a grey teddy bear on it.

I run over to the chair and grab the teddy bear as I hug it like a child — I remember I threw it at Clay when I was first mad at him, I guess I forgot about it after awhile. But man, I missed this bear.

I put the bear down back on the chair and then head down stairs to Clay's Office to see what he's doing.

I really feel the need to see him, my bond to him is starting to get stronger already and I haven't even shifted yet.

When I get to his office I open the door without knocking and see he is not in there.

I leave his office and walk to the kitchen and living room, nobody is in there.

Where is everybody?

I walk outside, and there I see everybody gathered around. I look to my right and see a HUGE cake — I've never seen anything like it, then I look to my left to see my mom walking over to me.

"What's going on mom?"

She smiles, "It's your birthday party and it makes you officially the pack Luna. The pack is celebrating since there hasn't been a full time Luna to this pack for 50 years."

I forgot about that, Clayton's grandpa had a mate, but she died in a rogue attack 2 years after Clayton's dad was born. Next was Clayton's father's mate, she just vanished. Nobody ever knew where she went and soon enough it killed Clay's dad. But now there is me, Clayton's mate.

"Oh." I say to my mom as my dad and a group of fighters walk over to me.

"Luna Rosalind." They bow their heads in submission while my dad kisses my cheek.
It's weird to be called Luna Rosalind, I'd rather be called Luna Rose, or even better, Rose.

One fighter, named Jacob, starts talking to me. "Luna Rosalind, when are you and Alpha Clayton planning on having pups?"

Typical pack members, always wondering when the next Alpha will be born.

My dad growls, "Not until she is at least 18." He says looking over at me with a very serious and scary look.

I just can't take that look seriously.
I laugh at him and walk away over to Alexa, Aiden, and Ace.