Chapter 21

Clayton's POV

I wake up to the sound of someone mind-linking me.

'Alpha Clayton, it took almost all night but we caught Chase and his mate.' Damon says.

'Good. You killed Chase? And keep his mate alive for now, I need answers.'

'Yes. And alright.'

I then cut the mind-link and look down at Rose. She didn't wake.
I sigh and stand up to stretch from sleeping in an uncomfortable chair last night. I sit back down and realize Lacey must have left when I was asleep, so now it's just me and my mate in this small room.

I grab Rose's hand in mine,
"Rose, I don't know if you can hear me but I'm so sorry that I left. Being without you made me so sick and I felt most of me die, everyday I wanted to come back, but I couldn't. My dumb wolf was tired of waiting and wanted you, but I wasn't. I will wait for you to love me, even if it means waiting forever."

I pause and let a big breath out, "But darling, I need you to wake up. I can't wait for your big blue eyes to open, I can't wait to look into them and get lost. I can't wait for your voice to fill my ears, even if you yell at me I would admire every sound that escapes your lips. I can't wait for you to be out of this coma so I can see you walking around happy with the ones you love, even if I'm not one of them."

I kiss the top of her head and lean back in my seat watching for her to come to life.

After a few minutes Ace's voice interrupts "How is she doing?" He asks as he walks into the room.

"She's still the same." I say without looking at him.

"I'm going to torture that rogue for doing this to her." He says angrily.

He then takes a step closer to Rose on the bed and I growl. His head snaps towards my direction and he glares at me,
"You can stop being an ass about me and Rose."

"I'm not being an ass. Stop being disrespectful to your Alpha." I warn him, this guy is really getting to me.

"I'll be disrespectful to you all I want, your nothing but a cowardly man that left his pack and that thinks he has rights to every girl he sees." As soon as he said that I pinned him against the wall by the throat.

"Call me a coward one more time and I will rip your arms off your body." I threaten him using my Alpha tone, while he struggles for air.

"You don't know my reason for leaving, either. And I don't want anyone, but Rose." I tighten my hand around his throat before finally dropping him.

He gasps for air before managing to ask, "You're her mate?"
"Yes. Now go with the trackers and search for that rogue."

He nods before hurrying out of the room as I sit back down in the chair besides the bed.

"I remember, one time when you were seven, I was working in my office and you brought me a bowl and a spoon. I asked you why you brought those and you looked at me with an innocent little look before saying that you were bringing me icecream, but you ate it all on your way to my office." I chuckle at the memory as I tell it to my unconscious mate.

While I'm waiting for her to wake up, I found something to do and that's to think of some good times Rose and I had.

I was just about to say another of when she was five and made me get on my hands and knees to act like a unicorn so she could be a princess with a pet unicorn, but before I say it, the doctor walks in.

"Still in a coma." The doctor asks/says as she starts to examine Rose's back which is now not only purple, but swollen.

I sigh as the doctor writes some stuff on a paper and looks at me, "Alpha, it's getting worse when it should be getting better. When does she shift?"

"She shifts in six days." I tell her.

"Her wolf should be getting stronger day by day now. She normally would be healing, but she doesn't show any signs. If she doesn't start healing before she shifts, it could kill her." The doctor pauses, "I'm sorry Alpha Clayton, but the only thing that could help her is a bond to her mate, which she most likely hasn't met yet, or a bond to her wolf, which isn't fully there yet."

"Wait a bond to a mate!"

The doctor turns to walk out of the room, "She needs to be marked by her mate. The connection of her mate's wolf strength can heal her."

"So she has to be marked?"

"Yes." The doctor then leaves the room.

I have to do this to save her, even if she'll hate me for if. I get up and lean over her body, I bring my mouth to her neck and gently bite down.

All of a sudden her scent becomes the strongest I've ever smelt it, but it has a tint of mine mixed with it. Like waves of honey I feel everything she feels.

When I let go from the bite I kiss the mark softly before sitting back down in my chair.

I can't believe I finally marked my mate; I wish it could have been at a better time when she's not in a coma, and she actually would've asked me to.

After sitting awake for about two hours by her side I start to fall asleep.

I feel the hand that I am holding slightly move and my eyes shoot open. I look down at Rose as I hear her thoughts and her eyes flutter open.