Chapter 38

Clayton's POV

"Ella," I say. Ella turns to me; we got her pack under her control again just awhile ago.

"What is it Clay?" She asks.

My body shakes with anger as my eyes fill with water, Ella looks at me confused.

"Clay?" She asks as she sets her hand on my shoulder. Currently at the moment I can't stand anyone's touch, I just want Rose here to help me through this, not anyone else. I growl warningly at Ella to take her hand off my shoulder.

She does and I then say, "My baby sister is dead."
With that I turned and shifted to my wolf, heading back to my pack as fast as I can.

I soon reach my pack - I ran faster than I thought I could, a whole day's trip took only five hours.

I shift quickly and get pants on, I then storm towards the house. Once I am in, I slam the door shut and everyone looks at me frightened. I ignore their looks and head strait towards Damon who is currently standing by the back door.

He looks at me, "Alpha Clayton? I thought you were going to be gone for f-" I cut him off, "Where is Nicole's body." I growl.

Damon sighs before saying, "Clayton, her body was not found-"

"THEN HOW DO YOU KNOW SHE IS DEAD?!" I growl at him.

"Alpha, she was heading back to her pack with Emma. Emma came running back for help when it happened-" before he can finish what he is saying I punch the wall next to me before I turn to exit the house.

Once I am out I see Ace and his mate Issa talking together over by the Western boarder. I walk over to them and growl, "Where. Is. Emma."

Issa looks at me frightened slightly as Ace says, "She is in the pack hospital,"

I then walk turn and make my way towards the hospital.

I throw the hospital door open and storm into the room that Emma is in by following her scent. When I barge I into her room I see her laying on a bed.

I growl at her, "WHAT HAPPENED TO NICOLE." Tears fill her eyes as she looks down at her hands that are laying on her lap, "Rogues got her,"

I clench my hands in fists as I say, "Rogues took down a Luna." I find it hard to believe. My sister was raised strong - and I thought her how to fight like a true fighter, if anything she should have killed those attackers easily.

Emma raises her face to look at me,
"Clayton, there was over fifteen of them, you wouldn't of even been able to take them."

I feel my wolf raising to the surface as I take a step towards Emma on the bed, "She was a Luna, and you are a Beta, together you should have got them!" With that my wolf takes full control and I lunge forward at her but I get pulled back by a soft hand that sends sparks up my arm.

I don't look at Rose as she says calmly, "Clayton, calm down. It's not Emma's fault-" I growl cutting Rose off as I glare at the scared looking red/brown haired girl.

"WHY DID MY SISTER HAVE TO DIE? WHY NOT EMMA INSTEAD?!" When I say that I pull my arm away from Rose and stalk towards Emma.

Emma tries to get out of the bed but she wasn't fast enough, I stop her and growl right in her face.

Suddenly I am pinned against the wall by Rose. Rose says softly, "They all attacked Nicole at the same time, Emma tried to save her, but there was little she could do since it was Nicole they wanted."

"Let me kill her." I say through gritted teeth as Rose keeps me tight against the wall.

"You can't kill her Clay, I'm not letting two of my friends die today."

"Let me go." I say using my Alpha tone. Rose growls at me as she lets me go - nobody in a pack can resist a Alpha tone. I then grab Emma and growl loudly in her face, I am just about to kill Emma but stop when my wolf gets surprised as I feel someone pull me away from Emma.

Without thinking who it is, and being blinded by my anger, I swing my arm causing them to get thrown into the same wall Rose pinned me against.

I then feel physical pain.

Shit! Clayton you dumbass you hurt your mate!

I turn around and run to Rose and I help her up off the floor.
"R-Rose I'm so sorry!" I pause as she looks at me surprised, "I-I didn't mean to hurt you.. I'm sorry.."

As I say those words water fills my eyes again. My baby sister is dead and I hurt my mate. Realizing that, the salty water that is in my eyes starts to pour out and Rose hugs me.

"It's okay Clay, I know you didn't mean to, I'm fine." She says into my chest.

I continue to cry as she pulls out of the hug and kisses me. My wolf now a tiny bit calmer, Rose grabs my hand and she smiles at Emma quickly before bringing me out of the hospital.

I sit in my office thinking of Nicole. Why would they murder a Alpha's sister and a Alpha's mate? They must know that they will be hunted down and killed for it.

All the rogues threatening Rose had ticked me off already but killing my sister - then it hits me. That message on Rose's birthday, it was meant for Nicole. They said she was next after my mother.

They didn't kill my mother right away when they took her, since her blood was fresh, they took her and hid her for years until we all thought her to be dead.

Now my sister's body is missing, and normally rogues would leave the body to let you know what they have done.

Suddenly I growl and whisper to myself, "Nicole might be still alive."

With that I jump out of my chair and run outside. I see Elliott standing and talking to someone, so I run over to him and say, "Get the trackers, we're going to find my sister."

Elliott looks at me as if I lost my mind, "Alpha, your sister is dead-"

"GET THE TRACKERS." I demand and he does as told. They then direct me to where Nicole and Emma were attacked.