Chapter 7

Clayton's POV

Rose was asking me about my mate, it was hard when I couldn't tell her that we are mates, but she can't know, not yet anyways. She's still too young and she barely understands what mates are, so there's no rush in telling her.

I break my thoughts of Rose when my phone rings. I wait for it to ring a couple of times before I finally answer,
"Hello."

"Hey Clay! It's Blake."

"Blake! How you been?" I ask; I haven't seen him since the day I first met Rose.

I ignore him as my thoughts wonder off to Rose again. Right now I miss her big blue eyes and her smile that can light up a room. When I hear Blake mention something about mates I focus back on what he is saying,

"I tried to tell you a year ago that I found my mate. Speaking of which, Have you met yours yet?"

"Yea, I met my mate." I answer without thinking.

"You and your mate should come visit my pack on Thursday, I have a son and it's his first birthday on Friday, so I want you to meet him."

"Yea, I'll have to see what's going on this week, but most likely." I tell him before he says he has to go.

He wants me to bring my mate, but my mate is only six years old. Maybe I could just tell him that my mate couldn't come? But I don't want to leave Rose here without my protection; I'd have to take her with me.

I try to push that to the side of my mind for now and I start paperwork. I didn't think being an alpha would involve so much paperwork, but surprisingly it does because alpha's have to come up with ways to hide their packs from the human world and protect their land.

A couple hours after my paperwork is done I smell Damon and then hear him knock on my door.

"Come in." I say as I sit up straight, instead of leaning in my chair.

"Alpha, I heard the news that you found your mate," Damon pauses.

How could he know that I found my mate? I haven't told anybody besides Rose.

I open my mouth to say something but he continues,

"I'm happy for you! When are you going to make her your Luna?"

I lean back in my chair slightly as I try to take in him being happy about his daughter being my mate.

"Damon, she's too young to be a Luna, she's only six-"

He cuts me off from what I was saying, normally I would threaten anyone that disrespects me because I am their alpha but he is my mate's father and I also want to be on his good side.

"She's not that young, Alpha Clayton." He looks at me with his green eyes and smiles. "This pack needs their Luna, it will make it stronger." He adds on before I speak,

"I haven't even marked her Damon. I'm waiting for the right time so I can't make her Luna. Not yet."

"When did you first realize she was your mate?" He asks sitting down. He's acting like one of those uncles that want to know everything.

"The first day I got back from Alpha Training."

"Then you've had plenty of time to mark her and make her Luna! What's holding you back?"

"I wasn't sure you would be okay with me marking her at how old she is." I say, he chuckles and asks me, "Why wouldn't I be okay with you marking her? You're the Alpha, I'm the beta."

I smile and shake my head slightly, "Well I don't know, I suppose it was her being your daughter and all."

When the word 'daughter' came out of my mouth he jumped up.

"What?" He says angry and surprised. I growl at the tone in his voice.

"What!" He says again, this time yelling it. "Did you just say my daughter is your mate!"

"Yes." I answer trying to keep calm from him disrespecting me.

He paces around before facing me again, "You're lying, aren't you!" I jump up from my chair and slam my fists on my desk.

"How dare you accuse me of lying! I am your Alpha!"

"And she is my daughter!"

"She may be your daughter, but she is my mate!" I say through gritted teeth.

His eyes flicker black and then back to green a couple of times before he says,
"You. You were talking to my daughter about mates! You told her you found yours!" He pauses and growls, "I should've known! She's with you all the goddamn time and you treat her different then you treat anyone else!"

"I thought you did fucking know! You came in here asking when I would make her Luna!"

He shakes his head, "Why would I want you to make my daughter Luna! She's only six years old!"

"I said she was too young! You're the one that said she's not!"

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT A SIX-TEEN YEAR OLD GIRL!" He yells.

He then scoffs, "My daughter is too fucking young and too good for you."

I growl and before I know it I'm next to him. I then shove him while yelling, "SHE IS MY MATE! SO WHAT IF SHE IS TOO YOUNG FOR ME! IT WASN'T MY CHOICE!"

He shoves me back and I punch him, we start in on a fist fight — pushing and punching each other as hard as we can.

I didn't realize my office door was still open from when Damon came in earlier until I punched him in the nose and he stumbled out. He shakes it off and comes back at me punching me right in the jaw. I pull him away from me and throw him against the hallway wall right as Lacey, his mate, comes out of nowhere and breaks us apart.

"What the hell!" She shouts looking at us as Damon touches the blood that is running out of his nose.

"What's going on?" She asks. "Alpha Clayton found his mate." Damon says through gritted teeth.

She looks at me and asks, "You found your mate? So that's what this is about?" I was about to answer her but Damon spoke first.

"Alpha Clayton's mate happens to be OUR DAUGHTER." He tells Lacey, before turning and punching the wall behind him, creating a hole.

She stares at me with wide eyes as I say, "You can't tell anyone. I don't want the pack to know yet."

Just thinking of Rose started to calm me.

"Oh-oh now he doesn't want anyone to know! You hear that! He doesn't want our daughter!" Damon says throwing his hands up in the air.

What is with this man?

I get angry again and yell at him, "I NEVER SAID I DON'T WANT HER!"

Damon and I get back in eachother's faces as Lacey sighs and pulls Damon away,
"Come on, I left Rose alone to go find you and we have to hurry and get back before she sneaks out or causes trouble."

Damon glares at me as he starts to walk with Lacey back to their room. When they're out of sight I walk back into my office while my jaw starts to hurt a little.

God, this is just the beginning of Rose and I.