Chapter 20

Clayton's POV

She hates me. I should have never left, I should've just found a way to keep my wolf from wanting her so bad.

I sit in my office, with Damon and some guy named Ace, trying to finish the paperwork of the next Beta for the pack. But I can't stay focused on the paperwork, my mind just wonders to Rose. And the man that tried to rape her? I don't have to worry about him anymore, but he touched my mate.

I growl at the thought of him touching her but then my mind wandered to just a while ago when I went to her room. I tried to explain to her today that we are mates but she wouldn't let me.

Suddenly a sharp pain strikes through my back. I jump up out of my seat,

"Alpha Clayton, are you alright?" Damon asks looking at me.

I was just about to answer him when I feel it again.

"Rose." I say before running out of the room with Damon and Ace following behind me. We stop running when we are outside and Chase runs over to us.

"Alpha, I smelt a rogue over by the streams."

I grab Chase by his shirt and pull him close to me as I yell at him, "So you didn't kill it! How stupid can you get!" I growl at him.

I feel the pain again, this time it hurt so bad I fell to the ground on my knee's. Chase tries to help me up but I get myself up.

"Damon stay and watch the pack. Ace and Chase come with me." I demand already running towards the woods.

I shift into my wolf quick and continue running - I catch Rose's scent that I missed to fucking much when I was gone.

I soon see her laying on the ground while a wolf is running away. I growl to tell Chase to go after the rogue, and Ace was supposed to as well but instead he decided to help me with Rose.

Ace changed to human form and touched her around the waist to pick her up.

Before I even knew it a threatening growl escapes from me. Ace takes his hands away and backs up slightly, while I form to human.

I pick her up as gently as I can, but as soon as I touched her back she flinched from pain.

I wish I could take the pain away from her, I'd rather me suffer than her.

She then passed out in my arms with her head agaisnt my chest. I remember the first day I met her and she fell asleep next to me so I picked her up and carried her in my arms.

I kiss the top of her head and start walking back to the pack house.

When we are at the house I bring her to the pack hospital.

I set her down very carefully on one of the hospital beds. I sit down on a chair next to the bed while the pack doctor comes in.

"What happened to her?" She asks.

"She was attacked by a rogue. The rogue did something to her back." I tell the doctor.

"Can you turn her over so she is laying on her belly?"

I nod and gently pick Rose up in my arms, as if she is glass I don't want to break, and lay her softly down on her belly.

The doctor lifts the back of Rose's shirt up exposing her small back. Tears comes to my eyes when I see her back has a huge purple bruise.

I didn't notice Ace was in the room with us until he walked over to Rose as she lays on the bed. I growl as he gets closer and closer to her.

He has some sort of relationship with Rose and I don't like that at all, I dont want him ever near her. She's mine.

"Alpha, her back is fractured. For a human it can paralyze or even kill them, you're lucky she's got werewolf blood in her veins. She still has pain and can't be moved around too much since she hasn't come in contact with her wolf yet." The doctor tells me.

"So she'll be alright." I say as I let out a breath of relief.

"When do you think she'll wake up?" Ace asks the doctor. The doctor turns to him, "I don't know.."

"What do you mean you don't know?" I ask looking down at Rose as she lays unconscious.

"There is no way to tell when or if she will wake up." The doctor says before walking out of the room.

I'm staying by Rose until she wakes up, there is no way I am going to leave her side.

I sit holding Rose's hand as Ace paces around the small hospital room. He then stops pacing around and walks over to Rose, I growl warning him not to get to close.

"Come on Rose, wake up." He whispers a couple of times before sitting down on a chair. He looks at me and at my hand holding Rose's.

"Are you just a caring and loving Alpha? Or do you like to flirt with all girls?"

I ignore him as I stare at Rose's beautiful face.

"I heard you have a mate but nobody has met or seen her - so you must be playing your mate-" that time I growled and stood up, without dropping Rose's hand.

"I am not playing my mate. I love my mate." I say through gritted teeth as calmly as I can, I don't want to yell for Rose's sake.

"Yea sure looks like it-" I cut him off,
"Don't speak to me like that, remember you are just becoming a beta, and I am your Alpha. I will kill you right on the spot if you ever speak to me like that again." I tell him using my Alpha tone. He backs away a few feet and bows his head in submission.

I sit back down and watch Rose without taking my eyes off her.

I hear a knock on the door and then Damon walks into the room along with Lacey. Lacey runs over to Rose as she lays on the bed. Lacey starts crying and Damon wraps her in his arms.

"Alpha, the rogue was not caught." Damon says, I start to get angry.

"Chase didn't catch the rogue!"

Damon nods his head yes and I mind-link Chase.

'Chase. Come. Here. Now.'

He replies after a minute, 'On my way..'

"I don't get it, he is one of our best trackers and fighters. He should have caught that rogue." Ace says.

As much as I don't like him, he's right. Normally if Chase smelt a rogue he would have killed it, but this time he came to me first?

"Alpha, do you think Chase let the rogue go?" Damon asks me, he must have been thinking the same thing as me.

"He hates rogues with a burning passion, why would he let this one go?" Lacey asks whipping her tears.

I then got it,
"His mate was a rogue. She must be a spy for the rogues and Chase is most likely helping."

Ace looks at me, "But he wouldn't betray his pack and friends for his mate?"

I shake my head at Ace before saying, "You haven't found your mate yet, but when you do you'll see you'd do anything for her."

I then looked to Damon, "Chase should have been here by now, he knows that we know. Damon, Ace I need you two to go find his mate NOW." They hurry out of the room and I mind-link my pack trackers and fighters,

'Find Delta Chase and kill him.'

'Yes Alpha.' They all say and I look down at Rose.

I don't know if she can hear me but I don't care,
"Darling, I will kill the man that hurt you and the next that even thinks of it."

I kiss her head and watch her as she lays still.