I thought i lost you

While i was smiling about pizza i noticed that Raymond was smiling too .

"Why are you smiling?" i asked.

"Beacuse i get to spend time with someone who is as beautiful as you." he said

I blushed . He thought i was beautiful ? Wow . I didn't exactly look like my mum . I had long black hair and brown eyes like my dad. I was 5ft 5 inches. I had tan skin and a sharp nose like my mum.

He reached out to my face and gently rubbed his thumb over my cheekbone while tucking a lose strand of hair behind my ear. We were so lost in each other's eyes till...

"Ahem Ahem" it was the waiter and he was back with the pizzas. Raymond just shot him a glare which sorta caused the waiter to whimper. Weird right? But i guess Raymond is an influential person in this town.

I realised our intimate position and quickly leaned back to create some distance.  We started to dig into the pizza hungrily.

Once satisfied and full i had a burning question to ask him.

"Raymond i wanted to ...." he cut me off by saying

"Ray"

I looked at him confused.

"Call me Ray not Raymond " he said smiling .

"Oh okay, umm Ray . At the park you asked me if i recognised you, what does that mean ?" i finished off awkwardly.

"Well i guess i have to be the one to tell you i suppose. I thought you would know me instantly.  Do you remember  a certain 7 year old Ray who moved from the city to a far away town ?" he said smiling hopefully.

"Omg Ray ? Its you !" i said tears formimg in my eyes.

To say i was happy was an understatement. I pushed my chair away and hugged him . He hugged me back and my whole body was feeling the electrical bolts . He hugged me back so tight like his life depended on it.

"I thought i lost you" i mumbled on his shoulder.

"Me too" he whispered back.

I don't know how long we just stood there hugging.i remebered how it was ten years ago.

*FLASHBACK TEN YEARS AGO *

"Bye Ray ! I will miss you."

"Mimi i promise we will talk evryday."

"Everyday?"

"Yea and then we can be best friends forever! "

I remember running towards Ray. Hugging him like now.

"Everyday." He had said.

*END OF FLASHBACK*