Earth to Mimi

The trip to Ray's house was fairly short. Small town means nearby places. Well i guess that's a good thing. His house was actually a few blocks away from mine, on the other side of the street. His was the last house on the street. It also led to the forest. Sligtly creeped out by the fact that this town was probably in the middle of no where , i tightened the grip on his hands.

*Knock * *knock* *Knock*

We waited patiently for the door to open. His house was huge, it had a gate with security system to get past. And then we had and to walk to his door steps through his long drive way.

The doors were large and made of oak i think. The walls were cremé coloured. The roof was grey and the windows were all tinted to a light blue making the house look mordern and functional. They even had a fountain outside!! Wow.

The door opened and a boy around 12 years old was standing there.

'Hey paul, this is my friend Naomi. You probably don't remeber her. But we used to be neighbours when we lived in the city ' Raymond said smiling down at the boy .

The boy gave a charming grin and said "well you make a pretty girlfriend. Welcome to our home Naomi"

I blushed . That escalated quickly. He thought we were a couple how embarrassing. Well we were still holding hands so.... yea.

" Mimi, you can call me Mimi . And we're not dating just long lost friends." I said smiling.

Paul just shot me a look that said : whatever you say and opened the door wider to let us in.

Omg this house looked great. The walls had cool black and white family pictures. Wow that's classy. My house had little pictures and drawings stuck on my refrigerator.

"Hello earth to Mimi! " said Ray waving his hands in front of my face .

"Sorry i zoned out" i replied sheepishly.

" Yea i kinda noticed" he replied smirking.

" Are you gonna stay there the whole day or come and see my mum ?" Ray said .

I quickly followed him while still looking around the mansion of a house. When we reached the kitchen , the aroma of the home cooked meal filled my nose causing me to drool involuntarily . There was a lady cooking there humming the old classic singing in the rain. She quickly turned around as if she sensed me before she saw me . Her green-blue eyes lit up in recognition. So did my brown ones, she looked the same even after so many years. It was Ray's mum Ella. I still wondered how she recognised me . I had changed alot throughout the years. My short shoulder length hair was now till my waist , i lost some weight. Grew soooo much taller. Basically i looked like any other kid from the before and after puberty pictures.

She broke the short silence by saying " Oh my god, Mimi its you ! You've grown ! Look at you so beautiful !"

I blushed at her compliment and ran towards her to engulf her in my bear hug. She quickly responded and hugged me back tight. It was like meeting my second mother.

"Ella" i breathed against her hair. Which smelt great by the way. Not in a creepy way . Gosh .

"You're staying for dinner so you can meet the family! How's your mum ? Can she join us as well? " Ella asked.

"Mum's out at the hospital she had to start today. But i can stay! Oh and she's fine. She'll be so happy to know that you live here ." I finished smiling.

"Ray , honey let her use your sister's room and borrow some clothes so she can feel more comforatble. " she said looking at Raymond.

She looked at me and said "why don't you shower snd get ready for dinner. Make yourself at home dear."

I thanked her and followed Ray to his sister's room.