A guy and a girl in the same dorm ?

I woke up at seven. "YAY Mondays" i groaned.

Ray said he would drive me to school. So i took my already packed bags and brought it down to the living room. My mum was still sleeping . Tired from work. I woke her up for a bit to tell her goodbye and she gave me kiss on the cheek.

The academy allowed you to leave school from friday night till Sundays . So that students can visit their families . Since my mum lives in Rose Hills i can just stay here during the weekends.

The car honked outside. Indicating that Ray had arrived. He helped put my suitcases in and we took off .

The song lay me down played on the radio. And instantly my face lit up from remembering our little dance session. Ray shot me a smile. I knew he remembered it as well.

We parked at school after a 30 minutes drive. Small town , so the school was nearby.

We parked the car and the Academy's attention was on me. I walked out intimidated that i was the centre of attention. I heard whispers from the students.

"Omg Raymond is so hot " said one.

" Raymond is always hot " said another.

"Who is she ?" asked a few.

"Are they dating ? Guess Raymond is off the market" some sighed in defeat.

"He finally found her" others said.

What does that mean ? Finally found her ?

Ray came close to me ; holding my suitcases. "Don't care about what they say , just follow me" he said.

I just nodded and followed. The stares and whispers got louder. Honestly i know he was good looking but was i really that bad looking that me beinging seen out with him looked bad ? I let these thoughts engulf me that i didn't even realise we were already outside the principal's office.

There were two chairs infront of the desk. And a man was sitting there. Looking at a stack of papers. He looked so familiar. I knew him . But from where ? He looked up at us and indicated to the seats. We both plopped down on the chairs. "Hello Mr.Rivers, welcome back . Hope you had a good break" he asked.

Ray nodded and smiled . He also looked between me and the principal . It looked as though they were having a silent conversation. I read the plaque that had the principal's name. MR . ROBERT. It read. Okay so i guess i can call him that.

He looked at me and said "Okay Ms.Black , there seems to be a problem." He said.

He looked through the papers again and said "we ran out of dorms. More students opted to stay in the Academy this year . So the dorms are full. Im afraid you have to stay at your home. And be a day scholar.

"But Principal Robert, i was promised a dorm if i moved to Rose Hills. My mum got a job here and she can't stay home most of the time hence i was entitled to a dorm here ." I replied.

I was very disheartened. Great. I left my friends and the city only to be rejected by the school as i did not have a place to stay. I wouldn't need to stay here if my mum's work wasn't so important. After all I'm from a single paycheck family.

Suddenly Ray spoke up . "i have an extra room in my dorm. She can stay there." he suggested.

I looked confused. What ? A guy and a girl in the same dorm ?

The principal and Ray seemed to have another internal converstaion. And after sometime the principal looked at me and asked " This is your only option . What do you think Ms. Black?" He asked.

I was taken aback. Ray had a pleading look on his face. And i really needed to stay here. Beacuse the last thing i want is for my mum is stress out because she has too much on her plate. She already works very hard as it is. I noded in response.

"Okay then , I trust Mr. Rivers will show you around and help you." he said.

"Principal Robert , doesn't your school have rules against girls and guys in the same dorm ?" i asked still confused.

"No, Ms black. A dorm in our school is like an apartment. There are 2 bedrooms, a hall and a kitchen. Students once given an apartment spend most of their time there. Since we allow students trom the 6th grade till senior year to stay in the academy. As long as students have separate rooms we are fine." He said .

" If any problems arise you may approach me or the other staff members Ms. Black" He stated.

I noded and we left the room .