Chapter 17

Grace's POV

After Chester left, I heard Sophie singing and it brought a smile to my face. Despite the current anxiety I felt about possibly being pregnant, I knew I could trust our little girl to lift my spirits. I walked into her room to find her singing to her Olaf toy. We had gotten rid of most of the tattered clothes and worn toys that she brought from the orphanage, and bought her new ones, but that stuffed toy was the one thing that she wanted to keep.

"Hey, baby." I smiled and walked in and sat on her bed. "What are you singing?" I kissed the top of her head

"Frozen songs!" She leaned into me and I put my arm around her.

"Of course." I chuckled. "What else would you sing to him?" I asked rhetorically, but she seemed to be thinking of an answer.

Her genuine innocence and joy made me glow. It was strange to think that someone I didn't know a few months ago held such a very big place in my heart. She kept me alive and spirited and I wouldn't hate it if I we were to have another kid. It might be nice to raise a baby. But what if I couldn't deal with a baby and a kindergartener? What if I couldn't even get through the pregnancy? Maybe I wasn't even pregnant. People vomit all the time.

Halfway into a heated conversation about Elsa with Sophie, Chester arrived home and walked into the room.

"Hey poppet." He smiled at Sophie, holding a shopping bag in his hand.

"What's in there?" She bounded over to him, hugging him, but focusing intently on what was in the bag. He lifted her up, one handedly.

"Thats's for Grace. She's gonna go check it out in her room. You and I are gonna have fun in the meantime, okay?" He playfully jiggled her up and down in his arms, making her laugh.

I smiled and stood up, taking the bag from Chester and making my way to the bathroom. In the bathroom, I opened the bag and found two pregnancy tests. Chester had bought one that told you how far along you were, and one simpler one. I stared at them as I felt my stomach. I couldn't deny that it felt slightly bloated.

5 minutes. I set a countdown on my phone and I paced the bathroom as I waited for the tests' results. I fiddled with my fingers as I thought to myself. We had been raising Sophie particularly well for the past few months. She hadn't been in our house permanently for more than 3 weeks, but we were still doing well. We're good parents. If it so happened that I was pregnant, we would certainly be ready. Wouldn't we? 

My phone beeped. The tests were ready.

{Author's note: I decided to make this chapter shorter, just to keep you in suspense :) Also, thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting. I genuinely appreciate it and I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it.}