Chapter 26

Grace's POV

After two days in the hospital, with Charlotte spending a lot of her time in baby's ward, in her little crib, and lots of visits from Chester and Sophie, I was finally allowed to go home.

Chester and Sophie arrived at the hospital to pick me up, with a brand new set of baby grows, all pink and white and a matching beanie to bring her home in. I was checked out of the hospital and we all drove home, with Sophie in her carseat and Charlotte in a baby carrier.

A sweetly designed "Welcome Home" poster was strung up in our living room, decorated by Sophie and Chester.

"Mommy, do you like it?" Sophie held my hand and looked up at me. Chester waited for approval too, carefully carrying Charlotte in the baby carrier.

"I love it, angel." I picked her up and gave a big hug.

We then moved into the nursery, where Charlotte's new furniture was all set up and the walls were painted a pale pink.

"Chester did you do this?" I gasped when I entered the room, which was disassembled before I left the hospital.

"Yeah, I figured we couldn't move the baby in without a nicely decorated room, so I worked with my little helper." Chester grinned at Sophie.

I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a passionate kiss. He was perfect and understanding. I have no idea how I got lucky enough to have him as my boyfriend.

"Thank you so much, you two. It's perfect." I smiled.

I gently lifted the sleeping Charlotte out of her baby carrier. Over the two days in hospital, she had proved that she was a difficult baby, hardly ever sleeping, crying often and sometimes refusing to be fed, but I guess all the acting out must have tired her, so she was fast asleep for a change. I lowered her into her crib and planted a kiss on the top of her head. She gurgled softly, but stayed asleep with her long dark eyelashes resting on her cheeks.

"Sleep tight, little one." I whispered.

Chester then moved in and kissed her too, and lifted Sophie up to kiss her little sister. We all quietly walked out.

Chester's POV

"Hey, I've gotta go pick up Nana from the airport, so I'll be back soon." I leaned over and kissed Grace and Sophie, who were relaxing on the couch.

"See you soon." Grace called as I walked out the door.

I arrived at the airport and spotted Theresa, waiting at the entrance with her suitcase. She ran over when she saw me and hugged with all her might.

"I'm so glad to see you!" She squealed.

"I'm glad to see you too," I laughed. "I can't wait for you to meet the baby."

"Oh, me too!" She couldn't contain her excitement as I took her suitcase and guided her to the car. "Have you named her yet?"

"Yeah, we have. Sophie named her Charlotte." I smiled. The name made me happy and the thought of our two little girls made me even happier.

"I love the name. I can only imagine how beautiful she is." She grinned.

Finally, we arrived back at the house. I carried Theresa's suitcase to the lounge, where Grace and Sophie were quietly talking and playing with her Olaf toy on the couch. When Grace saw her mom, she jumped up faster than Sophie and ran to her like a little kid.

"Mom, I missed you." She smiled and hugged her mom, who kissed the top of her head.

When they broke away from each other, Sophie ran into Theresa's arms. Theresa picked her up and spun her gently.

"Nana, I named my baby sister." She spoke proudly. I was so glad that she was happy with her sister and not jealous or upset.

"I heard, poppet. You're great at picking names." Theresa propped Sophie on her hip.

A blood-curling cry came from the nursery. Charlotte was very vocal. Theresa gasped at the noise and put Sophie down

"I'll bring her here. She cries when she's lonely." Grace went off to the nursery.

A few minutes later, she returned with a calmed baby. Charlotte looked content in Grace's arms and gurgled playfully. Theresa froze at the sight of the tiny baby.

"She's gorgeous," Theresa spoke softly and held out her arms and Grace gently passed the baby to her. "Gracie, she looks just like you."

She looked down lovingly into her granddaughter's eyes and a film of tears formed in her eyes when Charlotte gurgled. She stroked Charlotte's cheek and cooed softly, swaying side to side.

Sophie looked up at me. "Daddy, can I hold Charlotte?"

I looked at Grace. "Okay, but you have to sit down and hold her, okay?"

"Yay!" Sophie beamed as we sat her down on the couch and placed Charlotte on her lap.

"You've got to support her head like this," I guided Sophie's hands and helped her cradle Sophie's head. "And then you put your other arm around her so she doesn't fall."

Sophie was glowing with delight. She was an excellent big sister. She kissed Charlotte's cheeks and forehead delicately, just as we had taught her.

"She's cute isn't she?" Theresa sat down next to Sophie and Grace sat on the other side of her. Sophie nodded, focusing intently on her sister's face.

The sight of my two children with each other made my heart flutter. I couldn't have been any happier.