Chapter 9: Welcome

Chapter 9: Welcome

Clauida's POV

As we turned left onto one of the back roads Noah mentioned for me to shift. I felt the now almost comforting clicks and pops as I changed down into my wolf form. I saw Noah steal a look at me, longingly almost....eww.

He jumped over the guard rail of the road and dashed into the woods in front of him. There was no visible path, just the jumble of the woods. As soon as I took the flying leap into the woods Aqua took over, diving under branches, and twisting around tree trunks as she ran as fast as lightning. It was such a weird sensation to not be in control of my own body, but it still was moving.

I noticed through Aqua's...or my eyes. That we had ended up in the trees and were currently jumping in between tree branches.

"Clauida!" Called out Noah.

I wasn't very surprised we had passed him. I screamed inside as I felt Aqua jump from the last tree, free falling for a few seconds before landing lightly on her feet. I felt Aqua retreat back to the recesses of my mind as I lied down to wait for Noah.

"Jeez...how'd she go so fast?" A thought popped into my head, making me jump.

"It's part of the bond, you hear each others thoughts." Aqua whispered.

I stared at Noah intensely as he walked over and nudged me. I could not let him know, or did he already? I'm assuming not because he thoughts kept drifting into my head.

I hopped to my fee...paws....whatever, and followed him into the field of tall grass ahead of us.

I may or may not have decided to screw around with him, so I went off to his left so I could jump at him. That's when I almost stepped on the snake.

It looked at me warningly, letting out a dry hiss. I stood my ground for whatever reason, demanding this reptile show some respect. It flicked out its little forked tongue and seemed to realize who I was. It slithered up to where I was crouching defensively in the grass and placed its small head on my nose.

The memories, the taste of the air, came into my system like a flood at the lake. I heard my bones twisting and gnashing as I slowly shifted. I opened my eyes it be staring directly into the snakes, who seemed to bow its head in approval before slithering away.

"This is one thing that sets us apart from others Clauida. While it takes years for a werewolf to learn one extra form, we can learn an infinite amount just from the animal itself," Aqua instructed.

I nodded to myself before slithering towards the direction of Noah. I could taste his scent, hear his heart beating. When I caught up to him I playfully bit at his back foot.

He howled like a girl.

Spinning around growling I shifted back into my wolf form, laughing the entire time.he gave me an angered look, but it quickly melted away as I nuzzled under his neck. He stood rigid and I just sensed that he was holding himself back. I flicked my silver blue tail in his face before continuing through the grass like I knew what I was doing.

"I wish she was mine..." I heard his thought in my head.

I was feeling pretty terrible at this point. He seriously loved me, why wasn't Thorn telling him?How'd I even know who his wolf was?

"It's also part of our existence, because of our power we can sense ones inner self and connect to them. Thorn knows that we are his, but he doesn't want him to know just yet." Aqua informed me.

I had no idea where I was walking exactly, but it just felt like I was going somewhere.

"Clauida! That's the wrong way!" I heard Noah bark.