Chapter 14: Fun in The Sun

Clauida's POV

I watched as Noah dragged himself out of the sand, chuckling as I watched him shake it out of his fur. He obviously heard me, because he shot me a look filled with revenge waiting to happen. With a bark he leapt for me, narrowly missing my fin.

"If its war you want Noah, it's war you get!" I thought through our link.

I shifted into my red hawk form and launched myself into the sky. My sharp eyesight quickly found him from the high attitude. I folded my wings flush to the rest of me body and free fell, picking up speed as I neared my u suspecting target. At the last possible second, I opened my wing and scraped across the sand before barreling into Noah. I hear him yelp in surprise and I screeched in reply. I had him on his back,near the edge of the water, my talons digging into his shiny black fur. He looked up to me with such pleading eyes, maybe he had surrendered.

I jumped and fluttered onto the sand beside him, giving him a second to recover, that's when I was smothered. Noah had me under him, and I was fighting for both freedom and control of Aqua. She was enjoying the electricity the was flowing between us, and wanted more. Ew.

I quickly shifted into my snake and slithered between his front paws to freedom. I heard him bark and growl in confusion as he searched for me. I shifted into the water wolf form and charged him, shoving him into the crystal blue water. I saw the white orbs scatter from him as I dove in after him and hid in a nearby reef.

As I sat there hiding, I realized how empty the water was. I mean there are corals and all, but it could use some fish.

I was jarred back to reality when I was shoved further down into the water, I looked up and saw Noah's pitiful wolf swimming towards the shore. I pushed of the bottom of the lagoon, and leapt out of the water.

"Clauida, you are so unfair,"

Noah's POV

I could tell from the mischievous look in her eyes that Clauida wasn't done beating my ass. I shook out my damp, black fur and started to walk away from the most recent scene of embarrassment, and I heard Clauida running after me. I didn't stop though, that is until I reached the cave. I hadn't even realized how dark it was until now, I was exhausted. I watched as the wall slowly moved to reveal the interior of my new home. I stiffened as my mate brushed against me side and padded though the moonlight into the cave.

"Well, you're coming aren't you?" She questioned me through our private link.

I trotted to catch up with her and only then did I realize how in control my mate was over the situation. She had only shifted for the first time a few days ago. Then she became the water wolf, found out I was her other half, and took over an entire pack. From what I can remember of my first few days of shifting, I had a really difficult time gaining control over Thorn. Let me tell you, he isn't patient.

Anyways, Clauida led me halfway up the stone staircase before turning into the most beautiful bedroom I have ever seen. To even get in, you had to jump over six stepping stones, I watched as Clauida gracefully leapt across them. Each one glowed as she made contact with it. In the center of the vast room was a large stone platform. All the was on the platform was a large, short, circular bed, and two night stands that we're made of some unidentifiable wood.

I watched Clauida shift into her more normal wolf form and hop onto. I looked to her for approval.

"Noah, com'on, just get in bed already!" Her voice teased through our link.

I jumped up and curled up right next to her soft, warm body. I Burrowed my muzzle into her fur to breath in her sweet scent. The sound of her heartbeat put me to sleep like a lullaby.

_____________________________________________

Sorry for another short chapter!

I promise to make the upcoming ones longer!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

After this book is done, I'm not planning to do a sequel. At least not right away.

I have 3 other books I've been working on. I don't plan to publish them until I finish writing though.

Happy summer!

Heidi 💙