Chapter 20: Mixed Feelings

Clauida's POV

"What do you mean?" I asked, confusion clear in my voice.

"There was a prophecy Clauida. Made long before your time, long before your prophecy was made. The prophecy involved a dark wolf, a very dark wolf and the moon goddess herself. This dark wolf was destroying entire packs, both werewolf and wild packs. The moon goddess feared for the day that this wolf would find its mate so she traveled down to earth to destroy it." I was quite aware that the buck was using it instead of him or her. That distressed me slightly. I didn't interrupt though as the moon god continued,

"As the mood goddess was finishing off this dark beast it spoke the prophecy, I fall today, but I will return when purest needs to find her way back. You, the water wolf, are the purest shifter left, and you need to find your mate, do you not?" The moon god spoke.

I nodded my head meekly, the mentioning of Noah brought a fresh wave of guilt crashing over me.

"I don't understand though, am I the dark beast?" I asked timidly, the prospect of me forever an enraged monster terrified me.

"Yes and no. You are the dark beast, you have full control over her, but her dark wolf will encourage you. It will be tough, but you are the only one who can contain this darkness." The buck replied.

That didn't reassure me at all, but one thing was bugging me,

"Are my mate and Aunt ok?" I asked. Of course I wasn't given a straight on answer, I was only fed more information that assured me of my future,

"All I can say is a dark pack awaits your darkness, they worship and live by it. With that knowledge, you will find them, but hopefully you won't lose yourself." The shining silver deer informed.

Before I could pester him further he lowered his antlers to me and I felt myself drifting, drifting into a deep, comforting sleep. I wished I could stay this way forever.

Noah's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache, opening my eyes was my biggest mistake. The pain was so ridiculous I hoped I would pass out, but of course I didn't. I also couldn't sit here on the ground forever, I had no idea where I was. Judging from the uneven ground beneath me, I was probably on dirt of grass,but otherwise I was clueless.

My wolf urged me to get up, find our mate, be with her, and I couldn't help but feel the same way. I pulled my eyes open and saw the blue sky and trees swarm my vision. It took a minute to adjust, but the headache refused to lessen. I pushed myself up to a sitting position, and everything around me began to spin. I was ready to close my eyes and lay back down, but that's when I smelt the ones from the truck. I couldn't see them, even after the world stopped spinning. I didn't dare try to stand, it would only make things worse. Looking over myself quickly, I noticed I was in perfect condition, other than the headache that is. I was in good enough condition to shift if I needed to, it would probably be better for my headache.

Before I even had a chance to shift I was face first in the grass with my legs awkwardly bent beneath me. I felt the pressure of two huge paws press down on my back, limiting the amount of air I could suck into my lungs. I wriggled weakly underneath my aggressor, but knew deep down inside it was hopeless. A chuckle rumbled from about the clearing as a mixture of people and werewolves entered the clearing. I was becoming antsy, I still had no idea where I was.

"Where am I?" I forced out weakly.

Another wave of laughter danced throughout the clearing, all the while the circle of people contained to get closer. I winced as I felt the wolf on top of me leaned down, it's rank breath tickling my ear.