8-Hanayo

(Media source unknown)

I ran out to find Umi and locked my arm around hers.

"Are you ready?" I asked with a smile.

"Yes." she responded, then leaning in to whisper. "Kotori gave us two grand." My eyes widened.

"We shouldn't waste it all at once, though." I said, and Umi nodded in agreement. As we spoke, we didn't know Kotori was stitching new uniforms just for us.

We headed out the castle and into the plaza. I never wandered alone the town, and normally went out with Rin or Maki. But it felt so much different being with someone you love that doesn't know you love them. You start thinking. Things such as would this be a place to confess? Would we end up having a romantic dinner here? It opens your eyes to a lot of possibilities. Umi looked over to me.

"Do you want to have lunch there? It's about 11:00. We can have an early lunch and dessert around 4:00. Sound good?" she asked.

"I'm okay with that. It's just what we do with the time between I'm curious about." I answered.

After a filling lunch, I suggested we go to the lake farther from the plaza. Umi agreed and we walked around, watching the leaves flow in the breeze. Turtles basked in the sun on fallen logs.

"Umi, look!" I exclaimed, pointing to them. "I didn't know you could find them around here," I said with a smile. Umi smiled back.

"Should we go clothes shopping after this? We still have all that money." Umi suggested.

"I don't want to waste your time. Let's go now." I said with a smile.

Walking back into the plaza, we were stopped by someone. Nearly in sync, Umi and I turned around to see Nozomi.

"How's the rooms?" she said with a grin.

"Can you please stop bugging us?" Umi asked, seeming annoyed.

"Not until you kiss in front of me." Nozomi answered, still with the grin planted on her face. I stayed quiet and turned to Umi. She nodded. There was an awkward moment because we didn't know who would start the kiss.

"No, no, no. Won't do. Just remembered I've been talking to the helpers and most of them want to see you kiss. Wait until dinner." Nozomi said.

At least we could wait for now.