16-H

(Screenshot of my own)

We entered the kitchen and Nico turned around, alert.

"Oh look, it's the talk of the town." Nico said.

"Are we that popular?" Umi asked me.

"Yeah. Nico started telling people, though. Or rather she told one person and it spread like wildfire." I answered. "We came to help make meals for other people," I explained to Nico.

"Hm. Good thing you came today, because I'm devoting most of my day to doing that too. Before I have to cook for the festival, at least." Nico responded.

Eventually, we went out to deliver. Nico was still assembling more in the kitchen and we were out in the town. She gave us addresses that normally got food, so we begun to hunt those houses down. I guess they spent their money towards keeping the houses.

After receiving many thanks, we heard crying.

Peeking into the hallway, we saw a homeless family.

A child cried, while a mother and father desperately comforted them.

The child cheered up when they saw Umi and I, wiping the tears away. I reached in my bag and took out three boxes of food. Umi did the same.

"You might have insight. The queen won't kill us, right?" the mother asked.

"We actually work for the queen and have a day off. We can confirm she wouldn't kill a homeless family." Umi answered.

"Mom, dad, they're like angels, a blessing to us!" the child said. The father smiled and the mother looked back at us.

"We can't thank you enough." she said.

"The castle's chef makes extra meals and gives them to the poor, but she never looked for the homeless. We'll be on our way now," I responded.

Walking away, I smiled. Umi looked in her bag, and said it was empty. Mine was too. I guess we were too caught up to notice.

Umi and I returned the bags to Nico, and she had us deliver something Kotori made to the queen.

It was a box, gift-wrapped as if it were a birthday present.

We knew it wasn't, because Honoka's birthday was a bit more than a month ago.

Honoka unwrapped the box to find clothes neatly folded and a small bag of macarons, tied with curling ribbon. Kotori did really good with gifts.

Honoka picked up the card.

"Oh!" she exclaimed.

"What?" Umi asked.

"Today's the festival!" Honoka answered.

"You're going?" I asked

"Yep!" she answered. "Of course, Rin is also trained as a guard, so I'll have her, Eli, and Maki with me. And these are yours." Honoka held up the completed yukatas and we took them.