20-H

(Sorry about that last short chapter! No pic because I don't know what I've posted.)

I didn't want to tell Umi.

I didn't want to ruin what we had.

Had.

Couldn't have anymore.

As soon as the words slipped out of my mouth, a heavier weight was pressed onto my shoulders.

Umi looked... hurt.

Mentally and physically.

I never wanted this to happen, but I got a letter from my parents.

They said I had to come home by next month.

Next month.

Next month, when our love would start to break.

And fall to pieces.

Shattered.

Because of me.

I couldn't fix this, no matter how much I could beg or persuade.

Taken away from what they think is a prison, but what feels like heaven.

Umi stared at me now.

It was all silent.

We could hear footsteps in the wall, and the door creaking open.

It was Nozomi.

Umi was already angry, pretty much brimming, because of how I had to go.

When Nozomi's body wandered over to the hot tub, tears had welled up in my eyes. Umi rose and walked to the side Nozomi was at.

"We... don't need you... here... now..." she quietly mumbled. Nozomi looked confused.

The noise echoed through the room.

Nozomi's cheek was a bright red, and I was crying now.

Would she ever do that to me?

Was Nozomi okay?

Sure, she annoyed us, but she wasn't all that bad! All I could do was hope.

Umi turned around to look at me.

And then more expressional horror.

"Hanayo... I..." she started.

It was too late.

I fled down the hall, running as fast as I could. Tears streamed down my face, as I tried not to slip.

I ran into my old room and hugged a decorative pillow.

Still crying, I took out the boxes in my closet and begun to pack.

Two knocks were placed upon my door.

Nozomi entered the room.

"I'm so sorry." she started.

"You did nothing wrong," I answered.

"No, I mean... before you were together. I tried so hard, annoyed you two so much... and now it's all my fault. If I never tried to get you two together, you could leave easier, Umi would be okay, and..." Nozomi stopped, looking down to the ground.

More tears only flew from my face.

"It's n-not your fault Nozomi, it's mine." I said bitterly. "If I had actually looked up and not bumped into Umi, this all wouldn't have happened."

"Hanayo?" Nozomi asked. I looked up.

"I think it was fate." she said. The words echoed throughout the room.