Present Day (Fill in)

Asia.

*Characters in mm*

*4 years later*

I was sitting in my one story condo watching cartoons with my four year old daughter Harmony.

She looked like a splitting image of Andre, and it made me think about him everyday since I've left town. I moved far from L.A to New York. I had to get away... shit was bad back then for me, and I had to do what I thought was best.

I grew up entirely to fast, but I couldn't take anything back. I ran far away to raise my baby by myself. Only person that has heard from me from me for over four years is my 28 year old brother K.C is what he goes by.

He promised not to tell anyone, and told me he was proud of me for making a grown up decision. He knew all about my situation back at home, and he despised me doing everything I did. I never told him I stole from momma though. I felt like I had no choice.

He's kept me updated on everybody. Andre got out of drugs, and was now quarterback for the California Golden Bears. I've seen him play a few times, but not too much though. I was also informed me he has a fiancè now named Sapphire, and a one year old son. King. After that I knew for sure I could never go back. I can sense drama, and it would be weird for me to just pop my head.. Hey Andre remember me? Asia? Well I'm here now, and here's your 4 year old Daughter Harmony. No. I'm not even sure he even tried finding me after that day I left his apartment. He seems to be living good now, and who am I to interfere? Yes, I understand that Harmony needs a father in her life, but I think I'm doing pretty damn good if you ask me. She knows it's him though because countless of times I have told her.

She always asks me when she can see him, and I just reply maybe one day. But honestly I don't know. He probably thinks were dead, and he has a new family. Harmony knows a whole lot about him, and it's kind of shocking for a guy she doesn't know. She has pitcures of him that she has asked me to put up in her room. Even pictures of me, and him when I was pregnant. I just found them not too long ago when I was doing some house cleaning, and I insisted on burning them, and Harmony was throwing a fit. So I let her keep the few pictures I've had of me and him, and she let me hang them up in her room, and the others she glued into her book.

"Mommy.. I don't want to watch this anymore. I'm hungry." She said shaking her poofy hair back, and forth.

"What do you want?"

"Ummm.. Eggs, Bacon, and Pancakes."

"Okay." I got up, and she stopped me cutting the TV off with the remote.

"I wanna help you. Pleaseeeeee mommy." She begged.

I chuckled. "Okay babygirl. Did you use the potty?"

She crossed her arms. "Did you use the potty mommy?" She said in a sarcastic tone.

She has a serious attitude sometimes.

"How about you go first, and I'll go when I feel like it. Go now.. I am the adult." I said stern.

"Ughhhh. Ok fine mommy I love you." She pecked her lips out, and I kissed them as she stomped off into the bathroom.

I got into the kitchen, and washed my hands, and got out pans to start cooking.

As of my mom K.C told me a year ago that she had cancer. I was heart broken. She's stage 4, and I just wish I could build up the courage to see her, or at least give her a call, cause I know time is running out. He also told me the chemo wasn't working. I just can't. The last time I saw her I stole from her, and that's the last time she saw me. She knows where I am because K.C has informed her, and she hasn't reached out to me. I don't think she cares about me anymore, but I still love her to death. I miss her. I just wanted to do something on my own for once, and not feel like I'm constantly messing up. I just wanted a new start.

I did what I had to do, and enrolled in school. I finished High School with no problems because I know I've always been a smart girl who always stayed on honor roll. I worked at a fast food restaurant called Burger place while on Welfare, and I had a part time job working with little kids. It was not easy waking up every morning, catching a bus just to drop Harmony off at Daycare, and then taking another bus to get to school. Then after all that, walk the three blocks to work from my school. Through all that I was still bieng a mother, and still maintaining my G.P.A, and spoiling my daughter with money I barely had. Not at all what I was cut out for at the age of sixteen. I graduated with a 3.9 G.P.A, and used the money I saved up to pay for my first year of College online, and I am now soon going to be in my junior year working at the same places. I do know one day I want to work with kids for a living since I majored in Child Care Services.

I am very proud of myself for everything I have accomplished by myself. I've also made a lot of friends down here, and made some bad decisions, but I gotta live and learn. Nobody's Perfect. Maybe some day I'll be reunited with my family in California. Just no time soon. I'm not ready to face the fire.

A little fill in. Whatchu guys thinking? Comment a lot.

-Miyah.