Ch20 . To the girl almighty

Sydney's POV

It's my birthday!

Our family does this thing, instead of doing a huge celebration on a 16th birthday, we do it on the 17th instead, since everyone does the 16th we wanted to be unique. I didn't come up with this, my great great grandma did.

So this mean my family is setting up everything, were having it at some barn place, it huge. But they said since it's my birthday i don't have to help, so I stayed home alone.

Knock knock

Then the door opened right after that, so I knew it shawn.

"Where's my birthday girl?" He smiled coming around the corner to the living room. I walked over and pecked his lips, he handed me a little box.

I slowly opened it, and looked up at shawn and smiled, "it's a promise ring, I promise I'll always be at your side."

I embraced him in a hug. "And there's a bigger present, but you have to wait until your party." He gave me a toothy smile, I giggled.

"Hint?" I asked.

Every year shawn and I give each other one hint to what the present is. "Let's say I know some big names in the music business."

I was freaking out inside, who could it be? Justin bieber again, 5 seconds of summer, Ariana grande, one direction? Oh gosh I'm so excited.

-

My parents texted shawn and told him to drive me to the party. We pulled up and it looked like a basic barn, ew. Except there was a huge picture of me as a baby and another of me today.

We walked in, nobody was here yet. There was a stage set up, some tables with chairs, a table with food and a table for presents. The color theme was lavender and light grey.

"Did I mention you good look?" Shawn said, coming behind me and wrapping his arms around me, "thanks shawny" I blushed, but he didn't see me since he was behind me.

My mom and dad had explained all the events, there's,
Justing chillin out and eating.
A spotlight dance of my choice.
A concert, I don't know who though.
Cake.
Presents.
And whatever.

About the spotlight dance thing, I think I'll choose shawn or my sisters.

Now people are arriving, and of course Bryce showed up. "Uh hey Sydney, happy birthday." He smiled and gave me a one arm hug. "Thanks." I smiled.

The gifts were piling up like crazy.

Once most people were here, which was around 20 people, we ate. Then I heard clinking on a glass, a toast great, note the sarcasm. Shawn stood up, "I'd like to make a toast to my girl almighty, she's been there for me since kindergarten, she's my one and only best friend." Shawn smiled sitting down.

About almost an hour to eat it was time for the dance, yikes, I still don't know.

"Let's have the birthday girl come up so she can choose her dancing partner." The DJ announced. I walked up the steps and to the microphone. "First I'd like to thank all of you that came, and my family for putting all this together for me. Now this spotlight dance goes to 3 different people since I couldn't decide." I chuckled. "Those three people are my sister Sara, other sister Sammie, and my very best friend Shawn." I smiled.

"Alright ladies, come up here, you can choose your song." I smiled. "Shawn you'll go after them." I added.

They chose 'she's kinda hot, by 5sos'. Everyone made a circle around the dance floor, we just out on our best moves, it was pretty fun. Shawn chose 'Photograph, by Ed Sheeran'. It was a basic slow dance, everyone ooh'ed and ahh'ed.

After shawn stepped up onstage, "ok this is my present for Sydney, I hope you like it." Shawn smiled before stepping down. I heard a British accent eve though they weren't on stage, "can we please have Sydney onstage?" I probably looked like an idiot with my smile but I was too happy to care.

After about a minute of standing onstage, looking out at all the familiar faces the British and the Ireland cuties revealed themselves. "Happy birthday Sydney."  Once direction said, I almost fainted.

They started by singing 'girl almighty', "let's have another toast to the girl almighty." Niall sang while he grabbed my hand, I legit started to cry, tears of happiness.

I danced with each of them but my favs are Niall and Harry {me af, narry😂}

After they finished their performance, they stayed for cake and presents, "actually Sydney we brought you a present." Liam smiled.

Finally everyone sat in a circle to open presents, I got a lot of good things. But I saved one directions till the end. I looked at them and smiled before opening it, it was a backstage pass to meet them at they're upcoming concert here, and their phone numbers. "Thank you." I smiled hugging each one, "no problem but you should really be thanking shawn Mendes." Luis smiled.

I turned to find Shawn and gave him a huge hug.

This was the best birthday ever, and none can top it.