Chapter Three~* (Under Editing)

1- Jamie

"Where are we going?" I ask quietly, pushing branches out of my way.

Even as I follow right behind him, it's still hard for me to believe that I'm actually letting this murderer take me anywhere, let alone someplace I don't even know. Especially in a forest I now find incredibly creepy since yesterday, when I practically had to witness this guy I'm currently following brutally murder Derek. The entire time we walk, I contemplate whether I should run and just get caught by the police or continue on this suicide mission and actually keep following him.

As I walk, I try not to think of what I did just before Jeff showed up, but it's impossible not to. Emily's face as I stomped on her chest haunts me and makes me feel weak. My stomach turns over when I think of the blood on my clothes and it's stench clouding my noise. It takes willpower on my part to keep from falling to my knees and throwing up. However, I find it is a little easier not to worry about it since I have to stay on my guard. It wouldn't surprise me if this is most likely just a trap from Jeff to lure me further into the woods where I won't easily be found when he murders me.

"Hey," I cautiously say once more, moving my hand to my bag and checking to make sure I have the knife. However, the touch of it's handle is only a slightly reassuring one. There's no doubt in my mind that he can kill me just as well without it. "Where are we going?"

"Just be quiet and follow me." Jeff says impatiently, not even bothering to turn around.

I sigh and keep following him, deciding it would be safer to go without responding to him. From behind I can't see him that well, but from our previous meetings I can guess that he's about my age, maybe older by a year or two. He's also a good head taller than me. It's weird though, because he still doesn't look like he did when I first saw him. The story said he had black hair with a carved in grin and burned out eyelids but every time I've seen him, he's looked completely different from that description, especially now with his smooth, normal face.

Thinking back to all the pictures, I'm floored by how incorrect they all were. Even the way he looked the first time I saw him was different. The entire left side of his face was covered in shiny skin and scar tissue, with the eye on that side being a white, sightless orb. I can't help but be curious about why things were so inaccurate and felt a strong urge to ask him, yet bit it down out of fear. But I was never one to hold back a question, having always been an incredibly curious person. 

"Hey, uh, Jeff," I carefully begin. "So I was just about something and I-"

"Oh my fuck- What now? You have more questions? I told you to stay quiet and that I'll explain everything when we get there." He stops, wheeling on me and getting in my face.

I'm not surprised by his outburst and I flinch away from him a bit, sure he's going to kill me now. "You actually didn't say that. I'm sorry, I was just going to ask about why you look so different from the pictures on the internet. You see, I read up on you last night and I'm just confused."

"I didn't tell you that? Maybe I just thought it and forgot to mention it," He mumbles as I'm speaking, seeming to not pay any attention to me. "But did you ever consider those stories you read weren't actually about me."

I can't tell if I'm blushing or paling in embarrassment but whichever it is seems to be amusing Jeff as a grin stretches across his face. "No, I didn't actually. I just assumed," I say, trailing off.

He tilts his head to the side, the hostility seeming to leave him for the moment. "I'm just fucking with you. Whatever you read was probably that popular fan story. Did I get burned with alcohol and bleach?" I nod and he chuckles to himself, shaking his head. "Do you think there's something wrong with how I look? Do I scare you?"