Chapter Seven~* (Edt.)

1- Jamie

"Hey, are you finished in there?" Jeff yells through the door.

"Of course," I say. The door gets thrown open and a very angry Jeff walks in. "I've been done for over thirty minutes." I smirk at him.

At this point, I can practically feel his anger.

"You mean to tell me that I've been standing I'm the hallway like a moron for over thirty minutes for nothing!" he yells.

"That's exactly what I mean to say." I reply, holding back a small smile.

"I can't believe you! You're so childish!" he yells.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." I wave a hand nonchalantly at him before standing up. "Hey, uh, Jeff," I say, suddenly nervous. "Can I ask you something?"

He notices immediately the change in my behavior. I see suspicion in his eyes as he watches me carefully.

"It depends on the question. Who or what is it about?" He closes the door quietly behind him.

"It's about Dr. Smiley." Jeff's whole body stiffens and he begins glaring. "Could you tell me where Smiley's room is?" I look at the ground, not able to hold his gaze anymore.

Silence meets my question. After a few minutes of silence, I slowly look up to see him still staring at me. His hands are clenched and so are his teeth. Jeff's whole body is as tense and rigid as a board and it finally hits me, the stupidity of my question. I must have a death wish.

"Why do you want to know?" His voice is low, causing a small shiver to go down my back.

"Never mind." I say quickly. "Forget I said anything."

Before I can even blink he's right in front of me. He grabs my arm so tightly, I can feel bruises form immediately. I look away his face because I can't take the anger it holds.

His grip on my arm tightens, demanding me to look at him. "You are not to go near him! Do you understand me?" Jeff yells, his voice full of anger.

For some reason, instead of scaring me like before, his words seriously piss me off. I grab his wrist and apply the same amount of pressure into his wrist as he is applying to my arm. He keeps his hold for a few more seconds before he gives in.

I push him away from me. "Who are you to say who I can and can't go near?" I rudely ask.

"I am your mentor and you will do as I say!"

"To hell I will! I didn't come here just to be bossed around by you." I snap.

"What are you talking about? If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't even be here!" he yelled getting in my face.

"Exactly."

My voice has gone ice cold. I look closely at him and see what could be regret written on his face. Then, in an instant, it's gone, replaced by a sadness I've never seen from him.

"I'm sorry." He whispers. "But, please. Stay away from Smiley. He's bad. He has a way with girls."

"Don't worry about me." I say this so confidently, but even so, there is still this nagging doubt in the back of my head. "And what do you mean by that?" I ask, referring to his last comment.

"I don't know how to really explain it. All I know is that he can lure girls in like fish on line. I think it has something to do with his eyes." Jeff seems to have gone into deep thinking mode, which is surprising.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't tell me you didn't feel it. I could see that you did. Your cheeks turned bright red and your breathing was getting faster. Also, I don't know if you realized this, but you were walking slowly towards him. It's part of his Pasta powers, I guess you could call it."

I snicker. "Pasta powers?"

"Shut up." I actually do. It's silent for a long time before he speaks. "Are you still going to go?"

I bite my lip and look away from him. My long, wet hair brushes against my arm and I flick it back. It slips back against my arm but this time I decide to leave it.

"Yeah," I finally say.

He sighs and turns from me. "His room is on the floor beneath us. His door has his name on it. Have fun."

"Thanks." I mumble and walk out, slamming the door behind me.

I grumble angrily as I walk to the stairs and go down them. I swear Jeff has more mood swings then a teenage girl. When I reach the second floor landing, I turn and punch the wall in my frustration. My fist begins stinging but I ignore it, letting my arm dangle by my side.

"What did the wall ever do to you?" A smooth, silky voice asks.

I'd know this voice anywhere because it strangely causes my heart to flutter and blood to rush to my cheeks. My breath catches in my chest. It's exactly as Jeff had described it. But, then he must be wrong because we haven't even made eye contact and I'm feeling this way.

"Oh, the wall did nothing to me." I try to act like nothing big happened. "But Jeff did and since he's not here, I can't hit him so I'll just be punching the wall."

"That's interesting. What did Jeff do to get you mad?"

I still don't turn to face him. At this point, I can tell he's right behind me. Suddenly, Smiley grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him. I feel my heart stop then pick up a new pace, which is faster than before.

"Nothing." I say, my cheeks turning an even brighter red.

"Hmm, doesn't seem like nothing. But, whatever. So, what are you doing down here? I'm surprised Jeff let you go anywhere alone." he says, smiling down at me.

"I came to see you." I say, looking into his deep red eyes.

"Oh, really?" His deep red eyes glimmer with a hidden secret, causing my heart to flutter crazily in my chest. I feel an incredibly strong urge to kiss him, which is insane. I've never wanted to kiss anybody. Ever. But, for some reason, looking into his eyes, I feel that way.

This is bad. Really bad. Maybe Jeff was right.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Question: Dogs or cats?