Chapter Twenty Four~*

1~ Jeff

Slams and stomps come from the stairs, causing my hand to jerk away from Jamie's face and her smile to slip away. Behind me, the door slams open and I hear someone stomp inside.

"Jeff, wh-" I turn slowly as Darcy goes quiet. She's standing completely still and pointing at the bed. "Jeff." Her voice is tinged with a dangerous tone I've never heard come from her. "Who is that in our bed?"

I clear my throat as Slender comes sliding into view and stops at her shoulder. "Jamie." I whisper. Darcy's suspicious gaze turns into a murderous glare.

"You let that-that..."

"That what?" A raspy voice croaks out behind me. I feel the bed shift.

1~ Jamie

I smile more as the hand continues to rub across my face. The feel of the persons hand is warm and familiar and it fills me with an odd happiness.

Suddenly, the hand is gone and there is nothing. The smile slips off my face only to be replaced by a frown. I grab blindly for the hand, hoping it's just within reach of my hands. My efforts bring back empty results and a sadness to have the one familiar thing ripped away from me.

"Jamie," I hear a voice whisper and my eyes fly open at the sound of Jeff's angry tone.

I'm blinded by the light, it's brightness causing my eyes to water, but my attention is drawn away from the painful glare.

"You let that-that..." The voice trails off.

I look to the sound of the voice and see a girl pointing at me. "That what?" I groan and sit up.

Everyone's attention is drawn to me as I brush a hand over my eyes.

"You're wearing my clothes!" She shrieks and points to my chest.

I look down, blinking in confusion. "Oh," I say with a wide grin. "That explains the cheap, slutty material. Where'd you get?" I weakly tease. "Sluts-R-Us?"

"Wow," She growls, looking positively murderous. "How original. I've heard that one lots of times before."

I take a moment to let what she said sink in. "Wait," I hold up a shaky hand and point at her before laughing weakly. "I bet you have heard that one before." I chuckle more but this laughing spell ends in a coughing fit.

"What?" She stares at me for a second before what I said clicks into place. "You little!" She screams and lunges for me.

I cough harder and watch helplessly as she gets closer. I flinch as her hand reaches out to harm me but a voice roars something and the hands are gone, the tips of her fingernails just grazing my skin. I open my eyes and see Jeff holding the girl's wrist tightly in his hands. I cough weakly once more before I stop.

The girl growls in anger and rips her wrist from his grip. "I can't believe you're choosing her over me. You're own girlfriend!" Darcy growls. "So much for loyalty."

Jeff's hands close into tight fists as he laughs coldly. "Like you know so much about loyalty." He looks around for second before resuming. "Get out. You're upsetting my partner." He sinks back on the chair and faces me.

I look around and recognize the room from my first days here. I clear my throat. "W-why am I h-here?" I croak out.

"That's a long story." His voice sounds deeper and more menacing.

I lean back against my pillows and smirk. "Well, I'm not going anywhere. Let me hear it."

He lets out a nervous cough before be begins. "Well, fine. I lied. It's a short story." He pauses for a few seconds. "Everyone missed you."