Chapter Fifteen~* (Edt.)

1~ Jeff

"Thanks for the clothes." I whisper to the dying man.

He glares at me. Soon though, his eyes go blank and the hatred is gone, just like his life. I walk behind a building and change into the surgeon's outfit that I took from the dead man. It's a bit tight, but it'll have to do. It's not like I'll be wearing it long. I put the surgeon mask on my face and use my hair to cover my eyes. With my disguise finished, I head to the hospital doors. They open and I easily walk through. The other nurse's stare at me, having never seen me before, but soon forget about me as they go about their jobs. I look aroun carefully before slipping behind a desk. I look around again before opening a binder on the desk and going through it. My eyes are focused on the new additions to the hospitial, specifically a teenage girl who goes by the name Jamie. I memorize the room number before heading over. 

I stay on the bottom floor because as it turns out, her room is on the bottom floor. I keep walking through the maze of hallways, passing patients, doctors, nurses and rooms until I finally find her room. I stare at the door before reaching out to open the door.

"Hello." A cheery voice says behind me. I jump and whip around. The young nurse who called out to me steps back in shock. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I only came to ask if you are my replacement for the young lady in that room?" 

I relax and nod. "Yes, I am. Sorry, I'm just a bit jumpy. I'll go check on the patient now." I turn back to the door, hoping she'll leave.

"Okay, but try not to wake her or Gabriel up." The lady says and turns to leave.

My hands are frozen and stuck on the doorknob. But then I actually think it through and let out a laugh. "Her dad's in there with her?" I ask.

The lady turns back around. "Oh, no. Gabriel is the boy who found her. She's attached to him and won't let him leave her sight." She gets an excited gleam in her eyes, like we're two friends sharing gossip over a cup of coffee. "I'd say she has a crush on the boy. Wouldn't surprise me. He is very handsome and polite too." The lady gets a sparkle in her eyes.

My teeth clench behind my mask. "Thank you for the information. I'll go check on her now." I turn and open the door. 

"Good bye." The lady smiles before leaving. 

I open the door wider until I can see the bed.  In the corner, I can make out a woman curled up on the couch, sleeping. I step inside and close the door silently behind me. 

"Excuse me, ma'am, do you know where the restrooms are?" A sleepy Jamie asks, slowly getting out of bed. 

I stare at her. Her body is shaky and weak. She leans heavily on the wall to keep from falling down. I walk to her side and help her stand. 

A weak laugh escapes her throat. "Thanks. Can you lead the way to the restroom?" she asks again.

"I don't know where the restroom is, you idiot." I grunt and smile as her body stiffens against me.

"You," she snarls and tries to push me away. "What the hell are you doing here?" 

I tighten my grip on her. "Stop. You're weak." I pause, then quickly lie. "Slender told me to check on you."

"Why would he do that?" Jaime asks.

"I don't know! He said you fought with Jane." 

"I did and I'm fine. You can go." She pushes me away and starts to limp back to the bed. My eyes go again to the couch, where the woman is still asleep. 

"Who's that?" I ask, pointing to the woman. 

Jamie's eyes fall on her and a small smile graces her features. "That's my mom." She sits back on the bed. "You can go." She mutters again.