Chapter Six~* (Edt.)

1- Jamie

All around me I can hear the sound of a girl giggling coming out of the darkness. It's pitch blank and I can't even see a foot in front of me. But still I turn, looking desperately around for the source of the noise.

"Hello?" I yell at the top of my lungs. "Who's there?"

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall . . ." The rhyme begins causing chills to go through my body.

"What do you mean?" I yell, confused that the girl is reciting an old rhyme.

Another chorus of giggling springs up. I feel a cold hand crawl up my arm and push my hair away from my neck. I shudder and jump away from the spot.

"Humpty Dumpty had a great fall!" The girl's voice is creepy, striking a nerve.

"Who's messing with me?" I scream as loud as I can.

More giggling before she says, "All of the King's Horses and all of the King's Men..." Her voice sounds as if she's getting closer.

"Shut up!" I yell, not able to stand it anymore. I reach into my jacket pocket and pull out my knife.

Upon pulling out my knife, a louder chorus of giggling springs up. I scream and throw my knife in the direction I think the giggling is coming from. The girl's giggling unnerves me, sending chills down my back and causing the hairs on my arms to stand up.

Now the giggling turns into full on laughing. I fall to my knees and clutch my head, trying to block out the noise. I feel as if her giggling is causing my sanity to slip away from me. Another minute of this and I'll end up as mad as the Mad Hatter.

"Couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again." I hear the voice whisper right into my ear and I shiver.

"Stop!" I actually begin begging.

Suddenly, it goes quiet. There is absolutely no sound. For some reason, that unnerves me even more. I remove my trembling hands from my ears. Instead of being relieved, I am terrified. Looking around, I notice the place I'm at is getting steadily lighter. I frown and hesitantly get off the ground. Then, I begin walking around, now that I can actually see.

I realize I'm in a forest as trees start taking form out of the inky blackness. I step between trees, still looking around for the owner of the giggling and singing I had heard earlier. If I find her, she'll be the one begging for me to stop.

I walk deeper into the forest and come across a wall. I frown and stare at it, wondering what's expected of me.

"Come and play!" The girl's voice says to me.

Still, I eye the wall suspiciously. A bout of giggling comes up and I feel something in me snap. I climb it and slide over the side. I'm going to find this bitch and make her pay.

I start walking. The part of the forest I'm in now is different. The trees grow closer together and the brush is thicker. I fight my way through, determined.

"J-J-Jamie . . ."

I stop walking and turn sharply at the sound of my name. The voice sounds strangely familiar. Just hearing the voice makes me feel safe and stronger, like nothing can hurt me. I know I have to find the owner of this voice. I have to know exactly who this person is.

I walk in the general direction the voice had come from. "Hello? Whoever just called out to me do it again." I yell, attempting to keep my voice calm.

"Jamie, help me!" A chill runs through me as I realize who the owner of the voice is and where it's coming from.

With wide eyes, I look down and see . . .