Chapter Nineteen~*

1~ Jamie

I look around at the neat and tidy little office. The tidiness makes me slightly nervous. I'm so used to things being slightly disorganized. Disorganization makes me feel safer and more comfortable. I shift uncomfortably in my seat. Gabriel notices and looks at me before squeezing my hand.

"Don't worry. We'll be fine." He smiles reassuringly.

"We?" I ask, confused.

"We." He says firmly. I smile weakly at him.

"Ms. Monroe?" A bored voice says.

"Right here!" Gabriel says then turns to me. "Let's go." He practically picks me up and drags me to the woman who stands at the door, looking down at a clipboard. "She's ready." He pushes me in front of him so that I can face the girl.

"I see." She says, still looking down. "Are you going with her?"

"Uh, yeah. I'll be going with her." Gabriel answers.

The woman finally looks up and get eyes widen in recognition. I expect her to say something about how I'm the girl with got 'kidnapped' or something but she says something I don't expect at all.

"Gabriel? I'm surprised to see you back here. Why-"

"We're going to be late!" he rushes out. "I think we should get going."

She raises an eyebrow then glances at me. I stiffen slightly as she nods to herself. "Okay, let's go." She turns and leads us down a hallway. "Go right in."

The woman leaves and Gabriel goes to open the door but I grab his wrist and stop him.

"What wad that about?" I inquire, referring to the woman's comment.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Gabriel, come on. Don't lie to me. I-"

"It was nothing!" he shouts harshly.

I narrow my eyes at him in suspicion. "Liar. Why don't-"

"Just lay off, Jamie!"

My mouth drops open."We'll talk about this later," I growl before opening the door and walking in.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Monroe. You and your friend can come sit over here." I look around and see a man smiling at us while gesturing to some chairs.

"Thank you." I say with a sweet smile. I walk to a chair and sink into it.

"So, according to these you are.... 16, going to be 17 soon?"

"You are correct." I answer.

"And so that means you need an adult with you. I'm going to guess he is the adult?" The therapist looks over at Gabriel with raised eyebrows.

"Yes, I am. I'm 18." Gabriel responds with a small smile.

"I see, I see. Well, I am Doctor Jimenez. My full name is Edward Jimenez. You can call me Edward if it makes you feel more comfortable." He smiles at me.

I stare back at him, not buying the nice guy act. "Thank you, Edward. So, what exactly are we going to do?" I ask.

"We are going to talk today. Just get to know each other. So, tell me a bit about yourself." He leans back in his chair and stares at me with an almost hungry look in his eyes.

I gulp nervously at those words. "What would you like to know?"

"Hmm," He looks down at his clipboard. "According to this, you have had a childhood tragedy. Tell me about that." He stares at me.