Chapter Eight~*

1- Jeff

My anger goes through me like a hot knife through butter and it fills my head with bloody thoughts. I walk out of my room and go down the stairs. When I reach the first landing, I notice a door close down the hall. A door that I realize just so happens to lead to Dr. Smiley's room.

I growl in disgust and shake my head but continue going down. If Jamie is such a big girl, she can get herself out of this one. When I reach the bottom floor, I head to the door and I'm already about to walk out when Slender appears.

"Jeff." He says simply.

"Yeah?" I ask, looking longingly at the door while barely holding back my anger. It's not like it would do any good.

"Where are you going? And where is your new human?" Slender asks, though he sounds bored.

"I am going out and Jamie," I put a strong emphasis on her name. "Is with Smiley."

Confusion radiates from Slender through the mental link. "I think I misheard you. Did you say Jaime is with Smiley?" I nod. "I am amazed that you trust him enough to leave her with him."

"I don't." I say, gritting my teeth. "But she insisted. Also, I have a tiny, microscopic amount of confidence in her. I don't think he'll kill her."

"Jeff," Slender says, finally sounding serious. "You know he does not care about her. He will kill her before you can say stop. Why do you say he would not?"

"Let me rephrase that." I say roughly, but slowly, while looking away from him. "I don't think she'll ever let him kill her."

"You put a lot of trust in her."

"Surprisingly, yes. As much as she annoys me and makes me rethink my decision, I know she can kill. That's the only thing keeping me from kicking her out on her ass." I say.

"The only thing?" Slender asks.

I glare as I turn to the door. "Yes. What you are thinking is revolting and I must ask you stop thinking it. Jamie is my partner, nothing else. She will never be anything else to me except my partner." With that I turn from him, open the door and walk out.

I immediately set off towards an exit, but instead of leaving, I stop and just sit down beside it. My eyes roam around and I look at the old trees that act as an exit and entrance for us CreepyPastas. The only thing that sets the twin trees apart from the others is the markings on them. Burn marks, splatters of blood and knife slashes. The history of our victims. But, this history is hidden to humans. No one can see this but us CreepyPasta's.

I continue to stare at the two trees that no other human will ever notice. These two trees, or exits as we like to call them, are one of the main reasons to all of the CreepyPasta's success. The trees are enchanted and let us appear in any place we want and, once we pass through them, we are unable to be found by regular human eyes. If a normal human walks by them, they'll purposefully walk around them to avoid going through and allowing them to see us. The only ones who can see it and go between the trees are the ones who have officially been named CreepyPastas.

The trees are the reason why I can't leave Jaime alone. She's not a CreepyPasta yet. I bet she hasn't even noticed the ruined trees yet. That's just how clueless humans are and how powerful we are.

Looking at the trees fill me with a slight sadness. They bring back memories from when I first started off being a CP. I remember the reason why they were built and the boy who insisted on their creation. Thinking about it causes a feeling to rise up and hit me full force. It's a feeling I only get when I think about how it all started.