Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Prince Ezerette Mclane

Josh grabbed a hold on my hand, which left spark throughout the simple touch. I ignored as it it didn't even make sense to me. Philip followed us. He was behind us. I pursed my lips tightly, preventing myself to make a snarky comment. If I did such open my mouth, no doubt Josh would do something bitchy. I saw the evil glint in his eyes when he called me 'husband'.

When we got back to the office, Josh told me to stay here and that we'd talk about our 'mini lover's quarrel', which of course made Philip chuckle. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as it would bring me deeper in this mess.

Philip and Josh entered a room on the left side and I was left alone here. Now that I was alone, I had a chance to study Josh's office.

A mahogany table, looking fancy and polished, was in the center of the room, on the far end. On top of the table were Josh's name, telephone near the edge, and some pens scattered on the table. On the other side of the table was his laptop; an Apple.

I frowned. I didn't like Mac. I was used to using Windows desktop.

My eyes trailed every inch of the office. The walls were painted white and I was impressed no dirt had been imprinted. A plant, though I didn't know what it's called, was beside the door, looking beautiful. It's a no ordinary plant. Knowing businessmen, it would have cost a fortune.

A huge plasma TV was on the wall, shut off. That was the same bitch who played a wedding commercial playing a wedding song. I scowled. The office was no ordinary. It was extraordinary. From rug to ceiling, everything cost a grande. Even the freaking pens, just realized, were gold, and the inks were gold. Could you believe it? A fucking gold ink? Who was he? President of the Presidents? God himself?

I hear muffled voices on the other room and tried to eavesdrop. I knew it was wrong, but I was kind of intrigued. They talked and talked until I grew tired and took a seat on the comfy couch. I could escape, leave the building, but knowing businessmen, especially Josh, he would ask someone to find me and I knew that if that happened, he would be merciless and have me killed.

They went inside the room. Josh was all smiles, also Philip. They were smiling at each other and looking like they were the best buds in the world. I rolled my eyes at Josh. Apparently, he sweet talked him. He was charming and all, and he could do whatever he wanted to do. Spoiled man-whore.

"Ezerette," Philip greeted me, smiling. "I must be going now. It's nice to see you here, and knowing that you're married with Mr. Thompson. Guess he's lucky to find you. Give the man a chance and sort everything out. Thanks, Mr. Thompson." I rolled my eyes to every word he said. I must look like I had been possessed by a demon.

I mumbled a thanks and Philip walked off the room. When I looked up, Josh's eyes were trained on me and he was smiling mischievously. Josh walked over to me slowly and my whole body stiffened. He sat beside me and slung an arm around my shoulder, which made me glare at him. He laughed.

"Change of plans," Josh said to me and I shrugged his arm off of my shoulders. I looked at him intently, narrowing my eyes at him. What had he done? What business had he made with Philip? Now I was intrigued. "From now on, you're my hubby."

Fuck. Shit. Moron. Bitch. Motherfucker. Stupid.

I threw curses at him.

+++

Mom and I were on silent treatment. We never spoke and never greeted each other, or even just acknowledged the presence. We acted as if we were ghost to each other. Dad and Eclair noticed it. Apparently, Eclair knew the news. He had found it on his timeline of his Facebook account. He had read the article and when I got home, he bombarded me a lot of questions. I just told him it's true, not wanting to explain things because even though I slept at Cheena, I still felt tired. I had slept for more than 3/4 of the day. And still, I felt tired and exhausted.