Chapter 26

Chapter 26
Josh Heid Thompson

We both stared at my mom. She had fucking lost her mind. She just announced to us that there would be a big wedding. We had yet to get the details, but knowing my mom, she would do all the work. Mom liked to butt in my businesses. She was smiling it was starting to scare my Ezerette.

Mom had placed the wedding booklet, or magazine. Whatever. I picked it up and found that this was no ordinary wedding magazine. This magazine contained a gay marriage, where suits and dresses were made by the famous designers. The venues were also great. The set up of the wedding was overwhelming.

Ezerette looked at what I had been holding and gulped. His hands shook as he took the magazine out of my hands and his eyes widen. Mom was grinning and I felt bad for Ezerette. He shouldn't be dealing with this. It was only a fake marriage. Now, we needed to perform in public, where people would be watching. Ezerette wasn't used to the attention. Taking the magazine out of his hand, I threw it on the table and sighed.

"Mom, really?" I asked her, massaging my temples. I was getting a headache because of this. Mom had to butt in my business. "We're no child, Mom. We're already married."

"And so?" Mom said stubbornly, looking at me with evil glint in her eyes. "There's nothing wrong about getting married for a second time. Unless... the first marriage is fake."

Ezerette and I both froze and stared at each other. We both knew that if everyone knew the wedding was fake, and we were never really husbands, there would be a huge commotion. It would give us a big trouble. And that was the last thing we wanted to happen. This must be save.

Both Ezerette and I said in unison, "No!" Mom looked at us and raised a brow. She knew something was up but still, this could be save. I spoke. "Okay then, there will be a wedding happening."

He looked at me with wide eyes and Mom clapped her hands in excitement.

"Perfect," she said as she stood up and straightening her hair. "Then sleep tight because tomorrow, we will start the preparations for the upcoming wedding."

"What?" Ezerette squirmed. His eyes were wide it seemed like it would pop out of his sockets. Mom just nodded with a smile. "Tomorrow? But isn't that too early to prepare?"

"You know what they say," Mom stated, grinning. "The earlier the better. Wedding will happen very soon. So... be prepared."

Mom had gone home and Ezerette started to palpitate. This was a huge problem to us. But if the fake marriage was exposed to the public, it would be a tough blow to us. I tried to comfort Ezerette but he wouldn't. He was murmuring words that I couldn't comprehend and I let him. He was slightly panicking and I knew that we had no way out here. Unless we tell the truth.

As we went upstairs, Ezerette's breathing was shallow and uneven. Like he had been losing air in his lungs and I knew I had to do something before he faint. I let him sit on the edge of the bed. He was staring down at the floor with a furrowed expressions. This was stressing my Ezerette out.

I kneeled down in front of him and placed my palms on his thigh. He looked at it and pursed his lips. I raised my fingers to his cheek level and caressed his face with my knuckles. He leaned down a bit and shut his eyes.

"Ezerette, do you trust me?" I asked him as I continued to caress his cheeks. He opened his eyes and stared deeply into mine. He was scared but he was being brave. His eyes contained a lot of emotions that I could feel. It was telling me million things and I was thankful to have him. He nodded slowly and I smiled. "Then will you marry me?"

He looked at me with twinkling eyes and I knew that it appealed him. He broke into a smile and nodded.

"Yes, Josh." He answered and I grinned. I placed my palms back to his thigh and used it as a force to balance myself and I gave him a kiss on the lips, which, as always, sent sparks throughout my body. I pulled away. "What? No ring? And no flowers? You're a bad hubby, Josh." He teased and I laughed. I pushed him on the bed and crawled on top of him. I leaned down again and captured his lips with mine. I felt him smile against the skin which made me smile, too.

"But then you make me weak," I said kiss after kiss. Ezerette giggled and I rolled off of him and wrapped my arms around him. "Speaking of ring, we need to buy a ring. I'm glad people haven't noticed yet that you haven't had a ring around your ring finger. Tomorrow, before we need to plan and shits, we'll buy, okay?" My tone was full of authority. Ezerette nodded.

I used that tone as a way of telling that it wasn't up for discussion or argument. And I was glad it worked on Ezerette. The last thing I wanted to happen was for Josh backing out of the wedding and all.
"Now let's go to sleep," I said as I kissed his forehead.

Ezerette sighed in contentment and burrowed his face in my chest and my arms tightened around him. Having him in my arms was the best feeling ever. I never thought that I's feel this way. For the past years, I had been thinking that I would never be in like, or in love, but Ezerette stirred something inside me and I broke the rule that I made for myself.

I promised to myself that I would never fall in love, or have a crush, or to like someone, but I broke it. What I felt for Ezerette was different. It was beyond friendship. Higher than like. But never love. I guessed? I wasn't sure. What I did know was Ezerette belonged to me and only me. He was mine and only mine.

+++

"Okay, Chichi. We need help. Oh shoot!" Ezerette was talking on the phone with her best friend, Cheena. They had been arguing for over an hour now and we had yet to go to the mall and buy a wedding rings. But we were never good at this. It was the first that I needed to buy a wedding ring for us to use. So Ezerette he could have some help with her best friend. That's why he called Cheena. "Okay, Chichi. Deal. Meet us at the Marque mall. Okay? I'll treat you, okay? Bye!" When Ezerette hang up the phone, he was grinning at me and letting me know that he had made Cheena agreed.

I stood up and motioned for him to follow me and we went ahead where the car had been parked. I had called Harmond and Charlonne, too. I somehow knew that they would be able to help us. I was also contemplating if I could tell the truth to them. But I had trust issues. I knew that they were my best friends, but still, if I told them the truth, I'd put Ezerette and I's feet on our own graveyard. We did not want anything to happen.

Ezerette and I knew the truth. The only ones. And I thought Cheena had a clue. Since she was the one who edited the picture in the first place. Had Ezerette told her the truth? I had no idea. I'd ask Ezerette later.
We drove off to the Marque mall and in 15 minutes, we were parking at the parking lot. The sun was too bright and the place were too hot and I couldn't wait to get inside the mall, where there were A/Cs. I could feel the sweat forming on my forehead and I tugged Ezerette's hand, telling him we needed to go faster. Ezerette and I ran to the mall. I had received a text from Harmond, telling me that Charlonne and him were already at the meeting place.

When we reached the third floor of the mall, at the meeting place, in front of McDonald's, they were there. Charlonne, Harmond, Cheena and... Trenton? What was he doing here? I found myself growling and Ezerette looked up at me, and then his eyes traveled to where I was looking. Then his face lit up and he ran.

"Cheena! Treston!" Ezerette greeted. When he reached them, Treston was the first one to give him a hug and Charlonne was chuckling whereas Harmond was looking at Treston. "Hi, Harmond. Hi... Charlonne. How's my brother?"

I knew Ezerette was playing tricks on Charlonne. And I knew I should laugh and tease and bombard him with questions, but Treston's hands were still on my Ezerette and I found myself walking with heavy footsteps until I reached the spot and forcefully took off Treston's hands away from Ezerette. Treston laughed.

"Easy, buddy." He said as he shook his head. "Cheena asked for my help, too. Besides, I don't bat at my team, so don't worry. Your husband is safe." Trenton chuckled and Ezerette joined him. Charlonne had laughed also and Cheena was snickering. Harmond was quiet and still looking at Trenton. His eyes had a look of recognition.

I growled again and Treston shook his head. I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed Ezerette's hand. Then we began to search for a perfect ring for us to wear for our grand wedding.