BONUS CHAPTER #1

The house grew quiet as Dad and Mom whispered at each other. We were never the coolest family, but still we loved each other. The personality I had acquired came from Mom. She was as stubborn as I was.

My phone made a buzz sound and I caught a glimpse of his name. Charlonne. It was flashing on my screen and I couldn't wait to open the message up and read what he sent me. I was feeling jittery every time he sent me messages. I knew for a fact that he's straight, and I was supposed to be straight, but I couldn't help myself. I always admired Charlonne and his cute attitude. His personality was bubbly and out-going whereas mine, well, I was always grumpy. I always had a frown on my face.

Charlonne: r u still grounded? let's hangout if not my friend and i are having a boys night out. josh is not included lol he's busy dealing with your brother. harmond is here in my house

My face immediately lit up as my brain processed what Charlonne had sent. He was inviting me to his house. I'd give anything so I could see his house and... of course, Charlonne. It was days ago since I saw him. We were always texting and I found myself liking him more and more.

There was a part of me that was scared about this. My brother, Ezerette, had married a man and I couldn't have the same fate as him. I mean, Dad's words kept running in my head. He was lightly telling me that he wanted me to have kids and all. Have a wife. Grow old together. That's it. But that wasn't my dream.

I was one of those kids who were afraid to show what I really felt inside. Despite my stubbornness, the only thing I could not let out was my sexuality. I knew it since I was 12 years old. There was this guy named Tom, who by the way was a complete asshole. He was the joker of the class. And he was an ass. He always made fun of me until I snapped and since then, we both became enemy.

I tried so hard to keep my sexuality hidden, so I dated girl after girl. Which grossed me out. Not because of me dating a girl. But because of me trying to hide my true self from everybody.

When I asked Cindy out, the girl in my Physic class, she agreed. The most fucked up part was she brought Tom with her and the whole time, he was making fun of me and making snarky comments about me. Which hurt to my core. I had liked him since we were 12 and all he had to do was to insult me. Of course, I tried to compose myself, tried to do my best so I wouldn't punch him in the face. He was so cute that day. But he was the exact replica of Satan.

Since then, I started to decide that Tom was no good for me. But these past few days, he'd give me smiles as if nothing had happened. Like he never insulted me. I just ignored it.

"Mom, am I still grounded?" I asked her sweetly. Mom looked up at me and frowned. Dad shook his head lightly, smile on his lips. "I'm not right?"

"You've done something aw - " Mom began.

"But I won't do it again!" I tried to reason, pouting at her. "Please, Mom. Someone's inviting me. And I need to go there. Promise I'll be a good boy and I will never do it again. Promise, close my heart, hope to die." I said, clasping my hands. I pointed at my chest, where my heart was, and made an X sign. Mom rolled her eyes and then sighed, as if this was stressing her.

"Okay, then." Mom said. I jumped out in happiness and sent Charlonne that I'd be in his house. In a minute, Charlonne had sent me his address and I found out that he was just 5 blocks away from here. "I think I'm starting to regret this."

Since I wasn't grounded anymore. I had run upstairs. Stopping in front of my brother's bedroom, I hoped that they would sort everything out. Ezerette must not make decisions when he was angry or mad. Running to my room, I basically threw all the clothes I had in my drawer only to search for the most gorgeous tee I had ever had. Grinning, I stepped inside my bathroom and took a long bath.