Chapter 23

Chapter 23
Prince Ezerette Mclane

Josh was talking to my mom with a smile tugged on his lips. This was it. Josh seemed like he didn't have any problem at all. He felt light and smile-y. Since I had forgiven him, he was all smiles. Even talking to my Dad. But of course Dad, being a dick he was, gave Josh a cold shoulder - not really, but whenever Josh tried to talk to him or bug him, he'd be annoyed but you could see a smile tugging on my Dad's lips.
And the moment I caught it, I knew Dad approved of Josh. Which made me happy. So happy.

This moment was like another regular moment, but much special. Eclair was not home but I was pretty sure he was having fun somewhere else since Mom ungrounded him. I just wished he was here so the home would be full and happy.

Mom was bombarding Josh a lot of questions, which made him chuckle. Even though Mom's questions were very personal, Josh didn't give a damn and answered it right away.

"What do you like about my son?" Mom asked Josh. Mom had this smile that reached her ears, and her cheekbones were stretched as she smiled. It was kind of creepy. But I found myself leaning down a bit, anticipating for his answer. What Josh did like about me? Did he like me at all? I was getting anxious as a second ticked by.

Finally, I turned around and caught Josh's eyes staring into mine. My heart picked up race as his eyes became more vivid and lively. More beautiful. Sincere. Perfect. And it made me feel like I was on a cloud nine with angels singing around me. Josh's eyes twinkled and it felt like the ground would eat me, or I would melt. Then he smiled at me. I thought I fainted, but no, this was real. I felt it. The tug of my heart, practically singing Josh's name.

"What I like about Ezerette..." Josh began, his voice was dreamy and deep and sexy. I pursed my lips, waiting for him to continue. "Everything." My breath hitched. And my heart stopped beating for a little while until it pumped again with a fast rhythm. "I love the way he snores at night when he sleeps. It's just cute. I love the way he smiles at simple things. I love the way his eyes twinkle when he looks at something interesting. I love everything about him."

My mom squealed, clapping as she did so. Josh was laughing lightly, watching mom in amusement.
But then my heart clenched. This was a lie. Everything was a lie. But this lie contained a little bit of truth. I just needed to know who had the largest part. Was it the lie? Was it the truth? I'd find out sooner or later.

That thought alone made me bitter and angry. Josh was saying things that a fake partner should not. We were just married in rumors, not in Church, not in West, not in papers. We were just in love in the name of rumors, not in the name of God. But then my heart shattered a bit as I thought that this might end sooner or later. That this would end sooner or later. Then Josh and I would move on. We would part ways, with nothing to look back. And someday, if we crossed a path, we would just give each other an act of acknowledgement, with no memories surfacing, as if nothing happened. At all.

But he told me he liked me. And I liked him. Was that enough to change the inevitable? Apparently, I was over thinking. If it happened, then it happened.

Josh's presence was behind me and his arms wrapped around me. Josh pushed me into him and my back hit his hard chest. He was warm and his scent invaded my nose, which was a mango. I smiled as he put his chin on top of my head.

"Boys," Mom said and Josh and I both looked at her. Mom was holding a camera in her hand and as soon as we looked at her, she captured and the blinding flash went on. We both grinned. "Oh this looks so good!"

Josh walked over to Mom to take a look at our captured moment and his grin grew large. I decided that I should take a look also. In the picture was Josh and I in a cute pose. Josh had his arms around me and his chin was placed on top of my head whereas my hands placed on top of Josh's palms. I was grinning at the camera and everything was perfect. But there was one thing that wasn't good. Dad was a photo bomber. He was there, at the back, making weird faces. But this picture was very good. Even though Dad tried to ruin it, he failed. Josh, Mom and I laughed.