Chapter 37

Chapter 37
Josh Heid Thompson

The new article had shocked me to my core. Ezerette could be reading the new article about me and my ex-girlfriend, Jinky. This time, I was eager to have the website shut down. But it would seem like I was cheating. But there was a poll going on. The poll was about if Jinky and I had a chance to be together again. Which was no way would happen. I was so over her and I was head over heels with my husband now. And I could tell that my love for him would never fade away.

Ezerette was too important to me.

He was practically my world. He made me feel alive. He always made me feel like I was the best man in the world. He always made me feel like I was nothing but a precious jewelry. I couldn't afford to lose him. He was my center. He was my heart. And if my heart got ripped out of my chest. I would die. You don't say.

But if I had this article shut down, it would seem like I was being a cheater. Ezerette trusted me. He loved me. I knew that he wouldn't like this article about me and my ex-girlfriend, but I knew he had a lot of trust on me. And I was not going to waste it. The media could deceive everyone. Everyone could believe every article would say. But not my Ezerette. He was smarter than anyone. Heck, I bet he was even smarter than me.

But there was this feeling that always sent me to the edge. What if Ezerette had already believed that he was no good for me? What if he changed his mind and did not want me as his husband anymore? The thought scared me. It scared me more than meeting the real Devil. Losing Ezerette was now my biggest fear.

I had remembered making a deal to myself, that I would never ever in my life would I fall in love. I was pretty cocky and confident. I swore that I would only do business and look at the world like I was the one who created it. I was only thinking of myself and the business. I wanted everyone to look at me like I was their King, like I was the one feeding them. I made myself busy with work, making piles of schedules. It was easier, I used to think. That way, I would never feel again the pain of the past. How I felt abandoned. But the truth was, it was just my imagination. My parents loved me. They never showed. But they did. I somehow knew it deep down. But actions speak louder than words, right? I believed so. But everytime I would look at them, I'd feel hate. I'd feel unloved. I'd feel like I never existed. That's why work was my virtue. Business was my priority. I had built a huge wall around me, to protect me, from possible harms. I did not want to be vulnerable, or seen as one. I couldn't afford for them to see me as a weak person. I made myself stronger. I made myself as powerful as possible.

But then Ezerette came and broke every single thing that I had made to protect my very own self. Without even trying. Without even putting up an effort to do so. He just did just by coming into my life. At first, he was annoying. I mean, there was a rumor of me being married to him. I didn't know him. That frustrated me. It felt like just by this rumor, everything I created would fall out and crumble. I was wrong. Very wrong. He made everything right.

And then I had learned to love him. It was an unknown reason to me. I was still thinking why I had fallen in love with him. It didn't make any sense to me. From what I knew, I liked girls and boobies and big booties. But now, I only cared about him. And it was driving me crazy every time. I was never this way. And every time I would think that he would find another attractive male, there was a fucking crazy feeling that would pinch my heart hard. I fell in love hard.

"Mr. Thompson," I was shut out of my trance by my assistant's voice, Sylvia. Today, she was wearing a bright green dress with a leather belt around her waist. Her hair was pulled up in a bun, showcasing her beautiful eyes. I was so over her. Not that I liked her. But I used to lust after her. But now that I had Ezerette, I couldn't afford to look at others with half-lidded eyes. Only to him. I gave her a short nod, urging her to continue. She was still my friend. Not a great friend, though. But she was part of the company. I couldn't afford to lose her. She kept my schedules organized. "You have a meeting with Mr. Kusanagi. The meeting will be held at the Sursuban's Palace Hotel."

"Please re-schedule it, Sylvia." I had told her, my voice was silently telling her that there was no point in arguing. I wanted to talk to my Ezerette as soon as possible. Sylvia was still standing, and she looked like she was a status. I eyed her until she squirmed and left my room. I paced around my room, thinking of words to tell Ezerette. I didn't know how he would react. The article was shitty. And I could feel that it would blow us.

As soon as I was done thinking, mustering a courage and taking a deep breath, I grabbed my coat that was on the chair and fixed my tie as I went out. As I pass Sylvia, I gave her a brief nod, telling her that I was out and needed to do something else. She immediately got the message and started to type on her tablet and in a minute, I was on the elavator, waiting.

I got out of the building and headed to the parking lot, where my car was parked. It was just beside the building. I headed over my car and hopped in. I was excited to see Ezerette, because I hadn't gotten a chance to be with him yesterday as my schedules were pretty hectic. But today, I had managed to re-schedule some of my meetings on the other days. I put the key in the ignition and the car roared to life, and soon, I was pulling up and driving on the main road. A song was blasting through the speaker of my car, and I recognized the song. It was one of my friend's, Harmond, favorite song. I didn't know why he liked it. Harmond had a baste taste when it came to music.

Chuckling, I turned up the volume a little louder. And now, Madonna's voice was blaring through the speaker. The song was Give Me All Your Lovin'. According to him, he didn't know why he liked the song in the first place. His favorite part of the song was the cheering thing. Shaking my head with a smile gracing my lips, I sped up a little.

When I reached Ezerette's house, it seemed like nobody was home. The lights were turned off and I frowned in confusion. Why nobody was home? I parked in front of his house and hopped out. Then I walked over in front of the window to check if someone was home. Nope. No one. I decided I should go inside.

I got inside and the eerie silence greeted me. It was uncomfortable but it was way more different than what I always felt at my own home. I looked everywhere, and even shadows, I couldn't see. Frowning, I chose to check upstairs, to Ezerette's room. When I got there, I was suprised to see him there, sleeping his ass out. The duvet was all over him, and I wanted to kiss him right here and there because he was just so cute. I walked quietly over his bed and sat beside him. He stirred a little and mumbled incoherent words until he pouted and that made me chuckle, which made him groan.

Leaning down, I ran the tip of my nose across his cheek and his eyes fluttered open. I didn't mean to wake him up. I just wanted to make an affection gesture. As soon as his eyes connected with mine, a smile played on his lips and I felt a relief washed over me. We were okay.

"Are you okay?" He said, his voice was hoarse from sleep. I nodded slightly and kissed him on his forehead. He yawned.

"Sleep," I whispered to him, running my hands through his bedhead hair. He leaned into my touch and sighed in contentment.

"Lay down beside me," and so I did. I took my tie off and my shoes and my polo and threw my coat somewhere across the floor. As soon as I laid down beside him, he raised his head a little bit and rested it on my chest, then he draped his arm over my torso and hugged me tight. "I read the article."

I was silent for a minute. "Her and I were done - "

"I know," he cut me off, chuckling., his hug tightening. My arm went straight to his back, hugging him in one hand. "I was jealous. But nah, you guys were done. There's nothing to be jealous of. Although I did some research about you and your ex-girlfriend..."

"What did you find out?" I said, pressing the topic a little bit so I could tease him. He rolled his eyes playfully.

"That you were a jerk," he said playfully. I laughed softly and that made him laugh also. "Kidding. That you guys were perfect for each other. That you guys were made for each other. That you guys were basically meant to be together."

"We're not - "

"But we're better." He said, looking up at me with love and admiration. And I knew, from this point, that I really loved him. And I was really ready to face the future with him.