Chapter 19

Chapter 19
Prince Ezerette Mclane

When we reached our home, Mom and Dad were sleeping already. Eclair had texted me that he'd go home as soon as Charlonne was done bugging him. He said that Charlonne was being a dick and kept dragging him to somewhere.

Taking Josh's hand, I led him upstairs, to my room, where he could rest and be comfortable. Josh kept his pace until we reached my bedroom. It wasn't anything nice - and by nice, I meant big and very organized, unlike Josh's room, which was full of expensive things - but this room was organized. Clean and organized.

Josh looked around my room. He was never bothered. In fact, he seemed to like my room more than his so I guessed he would be so comfortable in here.

"Sleep in the bed," I said as I turned on the lamp. I was glad I had changed sheets. "I'll sleep in Eclair's room. We can share."

"No," he said, staring at me with those beautiful eyes of his. "You're not going to be sleeping in Eclair's room. You're going to sleep with me."

"Um," I said, getting awkward. "But - "

"No buts, no ums," he said as he grabbed the hem of my shirt and took it off of me. "We're going to sleep. Here, in this bed. So now strip on your boxers and let's sleep."

I did obey. I took off my pants, leaving myself with boxers on. Despite his hard gaze, I restrained myself from squirming. The whole time, his gaze was on me. He was always looking at me with intense eyes, like he wanted to do something with me. But he never did.

I threw myself in the bed and covered myself with the thick, comfortable duvet and I let out a sigh as the tensions got off my back. Josh went to bed beside me and much to my shock, he put his arms around me and pushed me into him, my back hitting his hard chest and I could feel his breath fanning my neck. I shivered at the skin contact and electricity flew throughout my body. He was warm and very comforting. I shut my eyes and went to sleep, savoring Josh's touch.

+++

Rolling over the bed, my face collided with a hard body and I looked up to see Josh still sleeping. As soon as I saw his face, a smile automatically tugged on my lips. Absentmindedly, I ran my finger across his strong jawline and he smiled. My finger grazed his soft, plump, pinkish lips. Now that I had thought of yesterday, I was craving another kiss. The kiss was too good to be true. Not only did we kiss once, we kissed like, three or four times? I didn't know. It could be two. I didn't care. All I wanted was to kiss him again.

His eyes flutter, then he opened his eyes and watched me with a smile. He leaned down and brushed the tip of his nose against mine and I chuckled.

"Good morning, hubby," he said groggily. A sexy morning voice. I grinned up at him and said good morning back. "How's your sleep?"

"Perfect," I said to him as I spooned closer to him. He wrapped his strong arms around me and kissed my forehead. "Josh, what's happening?"

"What do you mean what's happening?" He asked me as he watched me again, his brows furrowed. He ran his thumb across my cheek and looked at me with worried eyes.

"This," I said, gesturing our position. Clearly, it wasn't natural. I mean, it was a lie. But even I didn't know what's real and what's fake. "Why are we doing this?"

"I don't know to be honest," he said, still running his thumb across my cheek, then he touched my lips with his soft fingers. "All I know is that, I want to be here. To be with you. And to kiss you again. It's all started as a lie, but then something changed. You sensed it, right?"

"Yeah," I admitted. "Weeks ago, we were just stranger. Then the rumors had spread like a plaque."

He laughed lightly. "You were the one who started the rumors."