Chapter 22

Chapter 22
Josh Heid Thompson

I had been trying to contact him, but he was not answering any of my calls. I bet he wasn't even holding his phone, or his phone was low battery. Or just that he was too angry at me. Most likely the last part. I mean, I didn't appear at our date. God, I was such an asshole.

Rubbing my face with my hands, I groaned and shook my head disappointedly. I was disappointed of myself. I should have thought of this. Fuck. I wouldn't be surprised if Ezerette wouldn't want to talk to me anymore. But I did not want to go to that point. We were starting to start something here. We were starting to... like each other. But now I did this fucking thing.

I had received calls from Mom, Dad and Yumi. They kept asking where I was and I did not want to answer them. I did not even want to talk to them or even see their names or whatever. And it felt like I cheated on Ezerette with my ex-girlfriend. Ezerette. Ezerette. Ezerette. It was so hard not to think his name or his face. Everything about him was amazing.

Going back home, I tried to clear my mind but so far, I was not doing it right. All I could think about was Ezerette and how I had hurt him. He could be anywhere. But I had a clue. He could be in his best friend's house, Cheena or something.

I had sent Eclair a quick text message about Cheena's address but he did not respond at all. Sighing, I went straight ahead to my house.

Two cars were parked in front of my house. One for Yumi. The other one was from Dad. They were here in my house and I bet I would receive an earful of complaints about this and that and how I was being rude and all. I was tired to this. I took a deep breath and went inside the house. When I got to the living room, Yumi was texting on her cellphone, probably bored or something. Mom saw me and she had this angry expression on her face, which did not surprise me at all.

"Josh, where have you been? We were looking for you and you left Jinky at the - " Mom ranted as she paced back and forth.

"Mom, stop," I said, my voice tired. My shoulders were sag and heavy and I was really worn out. All I wanted to do was to rest and have a good night sleep. But Mom continued.

" - party. Everyone was trying to look for you and Jinky said that you've just ran away with no explanations. Some of the camera caught you running and now, it might be a bad thing for the company."

"Mom, please, I'm tired," I said to her as I massaged my temples.

"No, don't. Josh, I'm so disappointed at you." Mom said as she shook her head. "I brought Jinky so you could be her date. And I think you ran away because of your husband, who, by the way, is the lamest of the lame."

"Don't you dare insult Ezerette!" I shouted, glaring daggers at her. Yumi jumped out of her seat and stared at me with wide eyes. Dad's jaw hang open. It was the first time I had ever raised a voice them. Mom's eyes were staring right at me and she was really shocked. "You can say shits to me, you can do whatever you want. I don't care. But don't you dare insult Ezerette. I'll be your enemy if I hear another negative word or negative idea coming out of your mouth about Ezerette. Don't test me."

"Hey, do not talk to your mother that way." Dad said as he furrowed his brows at me. His eyes were full of disappointment. I scoffed.

"Right," I said sarcastically. "Because I'd rather cheat than express what I'm feeling. Okay, that's right, Dad. I understand."

"Josh!" Mom exclaimed as she glared at me. Dad sat there speechless, probably wasn't expecting me to be sarcastic at all.

"Why Mom?" I asked her, smiling wickedly. She pursed her lips. I knew that I had hurt her, that I had hit the sensitive part of hers. But I was beyond my limits. I couldn't control myself. "That's what I thought."