Chapter 38

Chapter 38
Prince Ezerette Mclane

I was having the typical conversation with my Dad. It was a sex talk. And since I was a guy, and definitely not a woman, he was telling me to use condom. Or why Josh should use a condom. It was too late. We had already done it without protection. The whole time, I was awkward. Mom, too. But I was glad I was not the only one suffering, because my little brother, Eclair, got some earful of protections, too. So we were both suffering. It was really awkward because Dad kept talking about sexual stuffs. I knew that we were men, but really? And Dad, he seemed like he had always been talking about sexual stuffs because he never got awkward about everything he said to us.

And it seemed like Eclair had done it also with Charlonne. And speaking of Charlonne, I never got a chance to grill him with questions. They were both gay for each other, and hell, I was disappointed at my brother because he never told me about it. We were supposed to tell each other secrets because we were brothers, and we promised it. But I knew how hard it was. So, later, after this, I'd talk to my little brother about Charlonne and their relationship.

Finally, Mom had put a baked cookies on top of the table but nobody dared to move. Eclair was too shy, and his face was beet red. Dad was looking at us with penetrating eyes. His gaze was hard, as if he was thinking that whatever he told us, didn't matter to us. I nodded my head slightly and that made him smile. My stomach grumbled and I groaned and grabbed a cookie and shoved it into my mouth. Mom was really good at baking. Eclair grabbed a piece, too and munched on it.

Shaking my head, Eclair always ate like a kid. Mess. Mess everywhere. Dad stood up and grabbed two cookies and headed off to the kitchen, where Mom was still baking cookies. Now that I had a time alone with my brother, it was time to talk about Charlonne.

I poked his arm and he looked at me with his mouth open, cookie was ready to be shoved inside his mouth. He had a confused expression and I nudged my head upstairs and he got the message. We both stood up and left the cookies that Mom had baked for us. It was still morning, and Eclair didn't have a class. It was Saturday today.

As soon as we arrived in my room, Eclair immediately took a seat on my unmade bed. His eyes were following me and I wasn't sure how to bring things up. I couldn't just say 'Oh hey, brother. Just saw you and Charlonne making out but that's hella fine.' There was a reason why they kept it. If they did have a relationship, and they chose to hide it, then there's something wrong. I took a deep sigh and and sat beside him. His eyes were still on me and I felt uncomfortable with my brother for the first time ever.

"What is it?" He asked me, with eyes unreadable, lips in a thin line.

"Um," I began and looked my brother into his eyes. It was time to be a big brother again. "It's about you and Charlonne?" Although it came out as a question, my brother had already realized what the topic was. His face flushed as I mentioned Charlonne's name and I knew that they had a relationship. A hidden one.

"Wha... wha.. what about Charlonne?" He stuttered, not looking at me in the eyes. His fingers began to crawl on his thigh, a gesture that I had known for a long time. It meant that my little brother was nervous as hell.

"About you and Charlonne," I corrected him. From the looks of him, my brother looked like he was having a heart attack. He was shaking uncontrobably and visibly. Scowling, I put a hand on his shoulder and he relaxed a little, but still tensed. He was looking anywhere but me and I knew that he didn't want to have this conversation. But he's my little brother, and I wanted what's best for him. "It's okay, Eclair."

He sighed, like he had the world in his hand and was about to let go. Now, I could see how this was stressing him out. I loved my brother, and I would do everything to make him happy. But somehow, somewhat, I didn't like Charlonne for him. They weren't out yet or they were just being discreet, but to my instinct, most likely it's the former.

My brother would be hurt because of Charlonne. He was supposedly straight. But I didn't know him fully. Yet, here I was judging him. I had seen Charlonne deal with girls.

"I saw you guys," I told my little brother, who was busy shitting himself out of nervousness. His hands turn into a fist and he gulped loud enough for me to hear. "Kissing."

"When?"

"Shopping?" I told him and he immediately knew what I was talking about. It seemed like it was a decade ago. "Anyways, I'm not against you guys. But... Eclair, I don't want you to get hurt. Charlonne.. Charlonne..." I couldn't say what I wanted to say.

"Should be straight," he continued, a whisper, and he seemed like he was about to break. "I know that, but... he told me that... he's feeling different?" Even him was unsure of what to think of Charlonne.

"Since when?" I asked him, referring to him finally realizing that he liked men more than women. He furrowed his burrows until he realized that I wasn't talking about Charlonne anymore. I tilted my head to the side, waiting for his answer. He pursed his lips and put his hands on top of his lap as he looked at the knuckles.

Eclair sighed again and ran his hands through his hair, looking at the ceiling. I thought that he wasn't going to answer me, but he opened his mouth and told me. "Long time ago. I had a crush on this guy at my school. I liked him. Until Charlonne came. I knew that there's something different about me... but I kept it hidden because even I didn't know what to think of myself. But this guy at my school made me realize it."

"Oh, why didn't you tell me?" I asked him, disappointment evident in my voice as I looked at him. His face fell and he clutched the sheets of my bed tight.

"Because I thought you'd hate me..."

"I would never hate you," I told him as I smacked the back of his head and he glared at me. But then he broke into a smile and shook his head lightly. "Back to Charlonne... be careful, little brother. I don't want you getting hurt over some guy."

He felt insulted, because I knew, to him, Charlonne was not just some guy. But he let it slide and smiled at me. "Okay, big brother. I'll take care of myself."

"Now, now," I said, grinning. "I guess Mom would be proud that she has two gay sons."

He chuckled. "Yeah,"

We headed back to the living room as we wanted to eat more cookies. I pulled my cellphone out my pocket to send Josh a quick to come over because Mom baked cookies and I was sure he wanted to taste some. He replied quickly with an emoticon and I chuckled. Going back to the kitchen, Eclair by my side, Dad was hugging Mom as she put the pan back into the oven to bake more cookies.

Eclair rolled his eyes at their cheesiness and made a face, like it was a huge disgust to him. Eclair was not used to Mom and Dad getting emotional to each other, or being lovey dovey to each other.

Dad whispered some love words to my mom's ear, which made her blush a little and frowned as it got a little sexual and both Eclair and I gagged fakely as we watched them. We just shoved some cookies to our mouths so we could be busy for a little, not wanting to see Mom and Dad displayed some PDA in front of us.

15 minutes had passed and now, Josh was running into the house and when he saw Mom and Dad, he quickly greeted them with a smile. Everytime I would look at Josh, I felt lightweight. When he looked at me with a smile, I gave him a grin and he kissed me on the lips.

"Sorry, I took so long..." he whispered against my lips as he smiled lovingly at me.

"It's fine," I assured him, pecking him once again on his lips. "Have some cookies. Mom baked them."

"I would like to have you..." Josh whispered huskily, his eyes half-lidded with lust. "In my bed."

"Perv," I muttered as I rolled my eyes at him, grabbing a cookie and shoving it into Josh's mouth as he laughed. He nearly choked but composed himself and glared at me playfully.

Eclair made a face at us and Josh and I both laughed. Mom cooed and I felt my cheeks flushed. Josh then ate cookies. I was not used to Mom cooeing at me. She used to set me up on a date with some woman I didn't know of, but now, she became the mother she was supposed to do. Harsh.

Josh sat on a stool beside me and we all ate cookies. Base from Josh's expression, he loved the cookies more than I could have expected. In minutes, he had already eaten a lot of cookies and that made Eclair scowl. Eclair liked Mom's baking skills and whenever he hadn't gotten a chance to taste some, he would usually throw a tantrums.

Unexpectedly, Josh's phone rang and he took a look at the caller ID. I looked at it slightly but his hand was big and it's covering his phone's screen so I hadn't gotten a chance to know who was calling him. He frowned and stood up, said that he needed to answer the phone. Josh excused himself and I watched him go to a secluded part of the house just to answer the call.

Feeling uncomfortable, Mom poured me a glass of water and I downed it with one go, and i stood up, wanting to see Josh. So I excused myself and searched for Josh. The most isolated part of the house was the garage, where the old van had been parked all along, since ages. When I became there, I could now hear Josh speaking, but still, I couldn't make out what he was saying. He seemed tense and as I neared him, his words began to make sense.

"Jinky, let's meet up."